Brita Faucet Filter

Options
sunrise611
sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
Does anyone still use a Brita faucet filter????

It seems to be getting outmoded since newer faucets (mostly pullout styles) do not support it.

The Brita manufacturers are not supporting their product very well because they don't maintain a list of faucets that support it and leave the consumer trying to find one that works or forget the whole thing.

I ordered a new older-style faucet for the newly renovated kitchen, hoping that it would work with the Brita since it is - or was - my preferred method of getting filtered tap water.

However, none of the adapters that come with the Brita fit the new faucet. I called Brita and they are sending me some other ones to try. If the adapters aren't larger, they won't work.

So, I'm wondering if anyone actually still uses the Brita. If so, do you have any idea what faucet (brand, style) you're using? (That's a stretch but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Replies

• sunrise611
    Options
    No one?
  • SANDRA_F26
    Options
    I had the same problem I ended up having to take it back and getting one that goes in the fridge. I think it works better for me becuase I love cold water and it is almost always cold mmmmm.
  • sunrise611
    Options
    I like to use filtered water in my Keurig coffee maker and the NutriBullet. They even recommend using filtered water. Plus, I don't like the taste of regular tap water.

My preferred method of getting filtered water was with the Brita and it's disappointing how difficult it is to use it now.

I didn't get the fridge with the water in the door because I didn't like having it in the old fridge and never used it so that is not an option now. And I am not keen on getting the filter that goes under the sink but it's a possiblity if I can't get the Brita to work.

I cannot believe the Brita company does not support their own product better than they do and offer their customers a solution.
  • sunrise611
    Options
    No one uses a Brita or similar faucet filter anymore?
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Never had the need to.

Well water + water filtration system = pretty darn good tasting water. The way our water system is set up it's actually filtered twice. Probably tastes better than the Brita stuff too.

ETA: We have hard water so the filtration system is needed to protect the pipes.
  • sunrise611
    Options
    Sounds like a good setup.
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    We use one but it's an old house and I wouldn't have a clue what brand the tap is. Sorry!
  • sunrise611
    Options
    Yeah, most people wouldn't know what brand faucet they have, especially with an older house. Oh well.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I use the Pur one you put on the faucet. I hate the tap water in NYC and make everything with it.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    No one uses a Brita or similar faucet filter anymore?

You are being ripped off. There is a reason that no one uses one here.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I use the Pur water pitcher. A three pack of filters is 10 bucks at walmart and it lasts six months.

I never used the water faucet one because my grandmother bought one during the '90s and it did not fit the faucet.
  • BigAlNyc
    BigAlNyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use a Berkey counter top water filer - good for abot 3000gal per filter/change, My current one has 2 filters (6000 gals) and can go up to 4 filters (12000 gals )- it holds 3.5 Gal at a time.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I use the GE smart Water filter on my sink and love it.

I also have a filter for the fridge - LC is the make …both work great

I originally bought a Brita and bought all the extra fittings for it but never got around to hooking it up till a year later and found that non of the fittings worked with my faucet , called brita and was sent more in the mail - well it hooked up fine for a day then stripped and broke my faucet ! So had to replace my faucet !! so out of frustration I trashed it !! - DO NOT USE WHAT THEY SEND YOU unless you plan on replacing your faucet.
  • sunrise611
    Options
    I use the GE smart Water filter on my sink and love it.

I also have a filter for the fridge - LC is the make …both work great

I originally bought a Brita and bought all the extra fittings for it but never got around to hooking it up till a year later and found that non of the fittings worked with my faucet , called brita and was sent more in the mail - well it hooked up fine for a day then stripped and broke my faucet ! So had to replace my faucet !! so out of frustration I trashed it !! - DO NOT USE WHAT THEY SEND YOU unless you plan on replacing your faucet.

Brita is sending me adapters to see if they will work with my faucet. If not, I will return the Brita.

I did not know sbout the GE faucet filter and that could be worth a try too:

http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=GXFM07HBL
  • sunrise611
    Options
    Brita sent me some other adapters for my new faucet since the ones that come with their Brita faucet filter system do not fit the faucet. Fortunately, they sent one that fits so I can use their system again.

If interested, here is a link to the faucet:

Faucet with Side Spray
    #K-15176-F-BN
    Kohler Coralais Two-Hole Kitchen Sink Faucet with 8 1/2" spout and Side Spray:

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Coralais-two-hole-kitchen-sink-faucet-with-8-1-2-spout,-matching-finish-side-spray-and-lever-handle/productDetail/Kitchen-Sink-Faucets/421160.htm?categoryId=995318&skuId=381510&page=merchProductDetails&hash=id=filters&color-filter=101788_BN&startIndex=40&scrollTop=2214