Stopped logging for eight months...

Options
And gained 15 pounds. Not necessarily because of not logging, but because of other life circumstances that left me curled up in bed eating anything I laid sight on for the better part of eight months. Cupcakes were my friends and after I'd eaten them I didn't feel any better, but didn't care and went back to bed.

Anyway, I'm back and looking to keep my diet in line as much as possible. Log everything. Because I'm not happy when I'm unhealthy and gaining weight.

Also, my jeans don't fit and I don't want to buy new ones. My *FAT* jeans only just fit.

Sigh.

Hello, my name is Kimberly.

Replies

• Yackma
    Yackma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm the exact opposite. When I'm in the serious doldrums, I lose weight. Guess I've been a LOT happier lately. ;) Glad to see you're feeling better though and are back on track. You'll feel great in no time!
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I'm new being back also. But it feels good to be a part of the this community again!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    good luck and welcome back...have you dealt with the issues that made you turn to food? maybe good to know what those triggers are so you can avoid them.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    good luck and welcome back...have you dealt with the issues that made you turn to food? maybe good to know what those triggers are so you can avoid them.

I'm still working on it, it's a struggle every day but I'm getting better.

Thank you guys for the encouragement :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    then you are on the right path (:
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i did something similar but for 12 months,ate everything i'd denied myself for the last two years to excess.
    The good news,losing weight second time around is easier,because of the good work i'd put in the previous two years,i also am not so hard on myself this time around and enjoy my occasional treats.
  • Mom23djd
    Mom23djd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm another second round noob.
    You've recognized the issue(s) and you're headed down the right path, you've got this!
  • HealthyCait
    Options
    Hi Kimberly! I was in the same boat a few months back.. I fractured my spine in a car accident and had to be laid up in bed for a month. Movies and take out food were my cure for the boredom and pain and I packed on the pounds way too quickly! However, since I've been back on here I've managed to lose what I gained and then some. You can too! :) Feel free to add me as a buddy if you want support! Good luck!
  • nadia_guidi
    Options
    I've been away since September and I'm bridesmaid for my friend this summer. Sick of all my nice clothes not fitting and definitely don't want to be the fat bridesmaid! So I'm back and hoping this time to not give up till I'm happy! x
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much exactly what happened to me. Life got hard, I stopped caring, gained 10 pounds and my jeans got tight. Luckily for you and me we didn't gain too much. By the end of this month with hard work and dedication I should be comfortably back in my pants for sure. :):flowerforyou:
  • fitandworking
    fitandworking Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The important thing is to never give up. We all mess up because of life or whatever but we all have to get up and try again. It's okay, you are back and everyday is a new opportunity as lame as that may sound. Good luck on starting over!
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    exactly the same situation. Stopped logging in June. Life was kicking my *kitten* and I Gained 23 pounds. Back on the wagon though getting everything sorted out for 2014.
  • Dragonflag07
    Dragonflag07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ouch,.. Well you fall off your horse, you get back on it - so well done! It's just taking that step forward and getting up again that counts. I'm on my 2nd go at this too.

I only log my food once a month just to check that my macros are about right, the rest of the time i pretty much just keep a running balance in my head which keeps me to 250+/- my daily goal. Good luck, hope 2014 works out better for you!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Giving up
    Giving in
    Being consumed by it
    Taking it's toll
    Beating you down
    Eating you up from within
    derailment
    Life ain't fair.

But if we can stop looking for the answers to the riddles, for a moment
    Stop listening to the destructive whisper, from within
    Stop shutting down the connections to those around us

You will see every motion lose it's blur
    Hear that every movement has a melody
    And feel the warmth that is all around you

You will know that every step takes us closer
    To understanding the significance in everything, just a little more.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    When life comes at you guys again, try dropping to maintenance or at least just keep logging - even if you aren't "under your calories" for the day. Logging just keeps me more tuned in, even when I'm not caring about my diet. Bad days gonna happen, just keep logging.

Also, are you expecting perfection? Cause if you are going at this like it has to be 100% whatever your idea of perfect food is and can't do it - that's setting yourself up. I gave in to a lot of things and managed to continue on because of it. LET GO of perfect and just keep logging.

When you backslide or don't eat like you planned - why did it happen? Could you have compromised? Was there a better option? Can you get back up and back to plan right after? One bad meal, day or week is only relevant if you don't resume.