having a TOUGH time losing weight!

Options
Hello Forum Folks:

I'm 58 yo and 30 lbs overweight (recently became officially obese, I think - a landmark I was SO hoping to miss!).

I'm having a terrible time losing weight! And I'm pre-diabetic now, so losing weight is even more important now.

Even when I follow WeightWatchers guidelines, I just seem to stay even or temporarily add a pound or two. I've been getting more exercise, but this doesn't seem to affect my weight either..

Any suggestions are most welcome!

Replies

• justinproulx1
    Options
    What does your current diet look like?? Cals and Macro amounts? Are you tracking it??
  • kjdjn
    kjdjn Posts: 2
    Options
    Best of luck, I'm 54 and it seems harder and harder every year to lose or even maintain. I'm rooting for you! KJ
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there - you are doing the best thing you can, you have joined MFP and you are now on the forum looking for support. Make as many supportive friends as you can, be very truthful with what you eat and record e.g portion size. Do what exercise you can without knocking yourself out....I mainly take long walks. It all adds up. I am 62 and have lost 35lbs....it was 41lbs but I slipped a bit recently (holiday and xmas!!), now back on track and working to get the 6-7lbs off.

Feel free to friend me - good luck:flowerforyou:

Linda
  • KarenMichaels123
    Options
    It really seems that losing weight is so much harder as years go by! I remember the huge difference between fight to lose post pregnancy weight after my first kid, and after the second one-with just 3 years apart. And I am some 15 years your junior.
    Well, all I can say is take your steps with the pace that suits you and experiment. Try one work out, then another one-just to find out which one is better for you and gives better results. You will find lots of useful info here on the forum, and there are lots of other sites (such as fast weight loss)or blogs (hiit blog is a great one), etc.
    Good luck!
  • michellefellows7
    Options
    I understand the struggles of losing weight. It has been a difficulty for me for years. I became a Beachbody coach in September and so far with drinking Shakeology and doing my workouts I have lost 19 pounds and several inches. I would be more than happy to speak with you if you are interested in getting more info.