Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Does anyone use these and if so can you recommend one to buy? I want to start using this to acurately calculate my calories burned during workouts.

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4, and LOVE it
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am using Polar Ft60 and I love it! Polar ones are good. Be careful when you choose one as many models will give you the same incorrect calorie burn as the ones on machines. Polar is still an estimated burn but I trust those more over many models.
  • lmmo1977
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60 and it is great. If you have an iPhone 4S or superior you can just buy the H6 sensor and use the smartphone app.

http://www.polar.com/en/products/accessories/H6_heart_rate_sensor
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4, and LOVE it

I have this one, too. I used a few times just to confirm if my heart rate matched my breaking difficulty. LOL Now I rarely use them. It's good enough to measure my cardio activities but nearly useless when I lift weights...
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a Zephyr almost a year ago. Still works. I link it with my smart phone and the Endomondo app.. when I'm done it automatically logs it to MFP. My weight loss is keeping up with what it says my net calories are.. so I would say it's accurate.

**Edit** Perhaps a down size (and I don't know if the Polar does it or not) would be that you don't get a readout of how long you were in each heart zone. For another $3 a month you could pay for the pro Endomondo app that would do that. I don't know if there's another app it would sync with that would give that. But.. I can see the heart rate.. and it gets up there.. so I'm not too concerned about the rest.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and love it.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Got a Polar FT4 a few months ago. Love it. Use it to track all my cardio. Especially helpful when I do exercise outside.