Hi from Glasgow

Options
January 4, 2014 5:41 pm
Hi there,

I started on January 1st with my first try in loosing weight for at least 20 years.
I was always scared of the scales, told myself there's no need to weigh myself as I already knew I was overweight so what's the point in getting more depressed. :explode:

We moved to Scotland 6 years ago and I feel that the changes in available foods plus the wish to try a lot of things as they're new made me put on around another 20lbs or so. All the BMI checks tell me I am morbidly obese, i.e. is it a surprise I am still alive??

I have to go to get my blood checked regularly due to a thyroid disfunction which is medicated for about 15 years.

I don't have high blood pressure, don't have high cholesterol levels, all is good.

I used to go to the gym in 2012 but I think I set my goal to unrealistic so I lost interest and motivation.
I will go back though - membership is frozen at the moment. My goal this time is to get one good excercise a week for the forseeable future. Should it become more frequent - all the better. But last time I was aiming to go 3 times a week and it just was not happening - made me feel under pressure and very weak because I could not fulfill my goal.

When I wanted to buy myself a waterproof, breathable jacket (as it rains a lot in Scotland you know) and could not find a single one that would fit me I got so angry at myself that I have decided enough is enough.

I stepped on the scales and there it was: 130 kg! I was shocked. I remembered the last time it was around 115 which was too much already.

So after my first few days with the food log I already lost 2 kg - which was mostly due to the fact that I just did not eat any more sweets, chocolates and junk in general.

Yesterday I did my weekly shop resisting all the temptations and not buying any sweets - instead I have bought as much fruit and veg as never before.

I figure if I can heal my body of its sugar addiction (and this is what it is) it should be possible to still eat my everything but always with an eye out on my allowance for the day.

These first few days have tought me a lot already - I am now on the lookout for moral support and recipe suggestions.
Especially fiber and protein rich foods should be more prominent in my diet.

The thought of all the excess weight I have to lose scares me a bit - so I set myself the first goal to lose 5% of my body weight.
After that I should already feel a difference and will probably be more active so another goal can be set.
The ultimate goal would be to loose 35 kg or to have a 2 digit weight tongue

Thanks for reading so far !flowerforyou

caramon29

Replies