Creamer for coffee?

Options
124»

Replies

• SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I'm on a slow journey to trying every single International Delight out there. So far, I've used:

Pumpkin Spice (My absolute FAVORITE, so creamy and full bodied)
    Founder's Favorite Ice Cream Sundae
    Southern Butter Pecan

All say 30 calories (I think) on the bottle, but MFP goes with 35, so I go with 35 calories. They're all really good! For awhile I used a soy creamer but it'd congeal and it was just really gross to look at.

Souther Butter Pecan is sooooo yummy:love:
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Coffee mate and splenda.
    This
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I typically take it black but when I want a little kick I use the Torani sugar free syrups. In fact right now I am having the sugar free "Smore" flavor...yum!!!
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Whole milk. At work I use half and half. I have started sweetening it with at honey (at home) which sounds weird but is actually delicious.
  • iclark2012
    Options
    I know it sounds like overkill, but I use my protein powder and a splash of chocolate syrup. I have to blend it for a few seconds to get the powder mixed in, but it's definitely healthier than using cream
  • SkinnyFatWoman
    Options
    Ooh. Almond milk is a great option! I'll have to try it with protein powder and honey also. =)
  • boymom75
    Options
    I love, love, love my coffee! I'm kinda picky about how I like it lol...splash of skim milk, tsp of fat free Hazlenut Coffeemate and one splenda. I log it all every morning. I only drink 1-2 cups a day and then switch to green tea.

I don't like going to speciality coffee places...i.e. Starbucks because they can't make it how I like (believe me I've tried!) :smile:
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use a tbsp of International Delight Fat Free and Sugar Reduced French Vanilla Creamer (wow that's long) and some plain soy milk. Yum!
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    Sugar free creamer and splenda. Really not against sugar, but it has less calories than regular and tastes way better than fat free.
  • moylek
    moylek Posts: 27
    Options
    "I know it sounds like overkill, but I use my protein powder and a splash of chocolate syrup. I have to blend it for a few seconds to get the powder mixed in, but it's definitely healthier than using cream"

What's unhealthy about cream? Or do you mean "creamer"?
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    "I know it sounds like overkill, but I use my protein powder and a splash of chocolate syrup. I have to blend it for a few seconds to get the powder mixed in, but it's definitely healthier than using cream"

What's unhealthy about cream? Or do you mean "creamer"?

I use protein powder in my coffee too. What's healthier about it for me is that hitting the vicinity of my protein macro for the day is my biggest challenge and I struggle with wanting to even bother with eating breakfast. So, if I can change breakfast from being a tablespoon of sugar and some half and half conveyed by a cup of coffee to 27g of whey protein and some half and half in a delicious frothy coffee concoction, it helps me hit my protein and fat macros and doesn't start my day off with carbs in such a lead ;)
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free coffee mate (any flavor but Pumpkin Spice is AMAAAZING) and splenda. 30 calories for two TBSP of creamer. yumm
  • kbair6
    kbair6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Organic Valley Half and Half
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Try almond milk ( I use the unsweetened vanilla flavor at times ) ... However, im using Coffee mate original .. but my friend. THIS HAS TRANS FATS .. .(hidden under the name of partially hydrogenated soybean oil).

I am getting off of this mess ... and years ago during one of my fad diets phases, I did the Cabbage soup diet and couldn't have sugar in my coffee and I TOTALLY LOST THE TASTE FOR IT ... SO I DON'T DO ANY SWEETENER AT ALL.

Good luck.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    First cup I splurge and use coffeemate vanilla
    2nd cup (and if I go for 3 or 4) non dairy creamer & splenda
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I do coffeemate and splenda. I tried almond milk and organic creamer. No ma'am.
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Splenda and International Delight creamer. If I'm out of that, I use unsweetened almond milk.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I very rarely use cream and sugar and have gotten used to drinking coffee black. I would just go light on whatever you decide to use and use Stevia or Truvia for the sugar
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    A lot of half & half. Not negotiable. I make it fit in my calories.

I don't use sweetener.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream with a splash of real vanilla extract, simply makes the best tasting coffee.

this sounds good????