40lbs down with Photos

Options
edstreiff
edstreiff Posts: 24 Member
Hello Everyone,

Joined the site in June and have made pretty good progress, At first I didn't think I looked any different until I laid two pictures side by side and then it become clear that 40lbs makes a difference. I still have 149lbs pounds to go so at my current rate of 6lbs a month I should hit my goal in two years time, hard to imagine that far out but I'm hopeful for the future.

Forgot to mention one of the reasons I started down this road was because I was having bad lower back pain and sciatic pain, I am happy to report that after dropping the weight my back no longer hurts

2cgfux.jpg

Replies

• lyndzipage
    lyndzipage Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, Be very proud of how far you have come! Congrats!!
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    A+! I like that your before and after are in the same type of shirt. :)
  • Suz151
    Suz151 Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome! That's a huge difference! You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • edstreiff
    Options
    Thanks the shirt I was wearing on the left was a 3XL the one I am wearing now is an XL, actually the reason I took the pic was because I was looking for a pair of jean shorts to work on house projects with, the only pair I had were from High School 11 years ago, my wife told me to try them to see if they would fit and BAM they fit perfectly
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    nice job so far man! Which convention were you at in your pic?
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im so happy for you :happy: its good that you are no longer in pain and I wish you all the very best in your weight loss journey

Well Done You :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race, and gives your body time to adjust.

Great work so far! Don't be discouraged as it slows down! Best of luck to ya :bigsmile:
  • FierceLisa
    FierceLisa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WTG I see a big change Congrats :)
  • edstreiff
    Options
    I had a month were my weight loss was stagnant despite being under my calorie goal, what finally broke it was drinking 5L of water a day (sounds excessive but not for my weight) and have up and down days, IE some days I went over by 300 calories and other days I shorted, I just made sure to be at or under for the week and so far my weight has been coming off very consistently.

I should also note that I finally passed my companies wellness profile, needed 3 our of 4 and I got that 3 (damn BMI LOL) but now my blood pressure is normal, my cholesterol is normal and my tri-glycerides are normal. I think a lot of that has to do with cutting out a lot of sodium and junk food from my diet but its good to get them back to normal. I don't want to drop dead of a stroke or heart attack in my 40's
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Looks GREAT!! Looks like more than 40 pounds gone. Congrats on a WONDERFUL start. And two years will go faster than you think. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Julienne443
    Julienne443 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG! You look so different! Great job! You must feel great!
  • edstreiff
    Options
    Thanks everyone its support from fellow members of this site that really help, I enjoy seeing the progress photos the most because it gives me hope that I can indeed keep this up

I'm off to go run before it gets too cold and too dark, its league bowling tonight which means 4-5 diet rum and cokes are in my future got to burn off those 450-500 calories now.

Have a great day and happy new year

Ed
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    what a huge difference..You look great!
  • ra1williamson
    ra1williamson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job. It actually looks like u lost more than 40 lbs very Big difference. keep it up!
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Great job!!!!!! Keep it up.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    keep up the hard work! u are looking better and better....
  • devodev44
    devodev44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job. It actually looks like u lost more than 40 lbs very Big difference. keep it up!

I'm with her, you look like you lost more than 40!

Congrats man, way to hit the new year already in stride.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Great job, man! 40 pounds definitely makes a difference. This is what it is all about though. Photos tell a much better story than a scale any day of the week.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    GREAT - WELL DONE!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!