10lbs Success, Starting to see the changes

Options
As a competitive triathlete, you would think weight loss was easy. Well, not for all of us. In November of 2012 I completed my first full Ironman and weighed in at a lean 123lbs (I'm 5'2). Post Ironman I jumped into marathon training a bit too soon (despite my husbands concerns... who happens to be a triathlon coach lol) Well come January and February of 2013 I ended up with the flu, bronchitis, a knee injury, and foot injury. My body had pretty much decided it needed a break. All the while a had a started a new job that required me to sit a desk all day and left me completely stressed out! I took all of February and most of March off from any training. But unfortunately still had the appetite of someone in Ironman training. The pounds seem to just start piling on. By May, despite training for shorter distance triathlons again, my weight had gone up to 143 at its highest. I was really feeling depressed and not comfortable in my own skin. First thing I changed was leaving my job, and going to back to something that has me up, on my feet, and not feeling stressed all day. And then for my birthday in August I asked my hubby for a 2 month session with a nutritionist who specialized in athletes. So while training for a 1/2 Ironman, I worked via email and phone with her. The weight started to gradually come off. So I am happy to say that I weighed in a few days ago at 132.8 I still have about 10 more pounds to go but I am thrilled to be starting the new year off in such a positive way. I have a cruise on March 29 that I hope to be down 5lbs for and another full Ironman in Nov. to hopefully feel the best I can! The pictures below: the one on the top is on my birthday. The one on the bottom is at a x-mas eve party. This is my first time posting a picture, so not sure if I did it right

4dfbec8a-8fe2-483c-98ac-1b683c971ab4.jpg

eb879c91-9614-4663-ba0f-257c0ca2070f.jpg

Replies

• Zazoufit2014
    Zazoufit2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!! Congrats :)
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, congrats! Also, great job being proactive about work, stress, etc.
  • darcyrees
    darcyrees Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What tips did you learn from your nutritionist that have helped you? I'm also an endurance athlete who is trying to drop weight.
  • Islandqueenfl
    Islandqueenfl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Working with her was very customized to my current training levels, my typical foods, my work schedule, me being a vegetarian, etc. But a big part for my was my pre-, during, post sports nutrition. Also the timing of my meals and not letting myself get really hungry.
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! It's amazing how losing 10lbs can make you feel so great!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - NICE!
  • darcyrees
    darcyrees Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Rooooose
    Rooooose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing transformation :)
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What a difference 10lbs make!
  • goneforawhile
    goneforawhile Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Huge difference in the face, amazing! I cannot wait to be at 10 lbs lost.
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can definitely see it in your face, and you are beautiful to boot! Congrats on your loss!
  • CEMH1
    CEMH1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! 10 pounds can have such a dramatic change in ones' body. Good luck with reaching your goal. I have no doubt you will achieve it.
  • jennahbooboo
    Options
    You're so pretty (before and after) and your hard work has definitely payed off.
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a difference 10lb can make. You look incredible. I have been trying to lose 20lb and keep falling into bad habits. Thank you for posting. Very inspirational!!!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!!
  • cmira5ol
    cmira5ol Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    wow thats great progress
  • Islandqueenfl
    Islandqueenfl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your words of encouragement!
  • BritBrit515
    BritBrit515 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing!!
  • Scratch_MJ
    Scratch_MJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You are really beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!