new and need support

Options
Hi I'm Emma and I'm 36.I've tried so many diets over the last 9 years. I've lost weight and then put it back on again. This time I'm going to take my time and hopefully keep it off. I'm looking for supportive friends who will encourage me as I do lack motivation quickly! I am aiming to use this daily so will return the encouragement. Looking forward to this weight loss journey.

Replies

• CorgiGal90
    Options
    I am in the same boat and I need people who can give me a swift kick when I need it. Want to be fitness buddies?
  • fatcatally
    Options
    Hi Emma!

I know how you feel! I'm 31 and have been married for almost 5 years. Since getting married I have steadily gained about 10 pounds per year, and am really struggling keep my weight under control.

I love the idea of a support group because I've been using MyFitnessPal on and off for a few years on my own, but keep losing motivation to continue. Perhaps this year will be different!

I look forward to making lasting changes this time around. :)

-alice
  • cmhodge08
    Options
    I'm working my Chris Powell Turbo Cycling and YMCA 6x per week (since Dec 27) and am loving it. I have a LONNNGGG road ahead of me, but thanks to God, I'll make and will enjoy the journey.

Anyone, please feel free to add me and then I'll add you too.
  • boomtown58
    boomtown58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Been here a few weeks now and love the support that I have received! I would love to return the favor so if anyone wants to add me please do! Also send me a message when you do struggle! Keeping it to yourself doesn't help
  • nh5nh5
    nh5nh5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined 3 days ago. I want to lose about 4 stone but going to do it in half stone chunks.
    I've been a member of another online site for 5 years and managed to lose just over a stone but more importantly maintain it since. I want to lose the rest now, so please feel free to add me as a friend/buddy and between us we can keep the motivation going.
  • connorsdad07
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but not to new either...I've been using this for a few months with pretty good success. I've lost 50+lbs (depends on how much fulid I retain that day) and I have at least another 50-75lbs before I'll be happy. I work x2 jobs so that has helped me stay busy and then my family helps when I'm home since I have a 6yr old and 8 month old boys. Both are constantly on the move which means so am I. I'll be 35yrs old this month and I look forward to being healthier than ever for my next birthday! I'm wanting to loose the weight mostly due to health issues, but related to that I just want to be around for my family. Send me a request if you'd like, but since I do work x2 jobs please be patient with me.

Thanks,

Sammie
  • cavillsnumber1
    cavillsnumber1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm feeling quite positive and hope to keep that going! Good luck everyone :0)