Ladies-- Staying on track while PMSing?

Options
Most of the time, the week before my period and usually the first day of, I never feel full... ever. I'm like a bottomless pit. I am on the 1200 calorie plan and I pre-plan so I can stay on track. But at the end of the day, I am usually still starving and blow my days!! Is there anything I can do to stay within my guidelines and not be hungry?

Replies

• procrastinatra
    procrastinatra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe add extra calories by exercising? I find that the exercise helps the PMS, and then I spend the extra calories on a chocolate flavored protein bar. :)
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't, but on day one and sometimes two, I'm ravenous and prone to fainting/dehydration, so I don't work out and I allow myself 1500 cals because that's what myfitnesspal calculates as my maintenance cals. And I try to make sure I have a dark chocolate kiss or a Fiber One brownie in my purse at all times so I don't binge on something crazy while I'm out, like king sized Reeses. It sounds ridiculous, but it helps me.
  • hf91
    hf91 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm also a bottomless pit while PMSing, and generally only satisfied with sweets. The curse of being a woman I suppose... I up my exercise to allow for treats. I cramp the week before and the week of my period and exercise usually eases my cramps so it's a win-win for me. I get relief from cramping and score extra calories for snacking. I love fiber one brownies especially the chocolate chip cookie kind, chocolate oatmeal, and skinny cow frozen desserts. Fairly reasonable in the calorie department and totally delicious. Keep a lot of fresh fruit around during that week so you have something to sweet to munch on at all times. Good luck!