Snacks?

Options
Hi, I'm having trouble finding snacks that are low in sugar. I usually like to grab a piece of fruit, a granola bar, or some yogurt but it always puts me over my limit. I also will eat the 100 calorie popcorn but does anybody else have any suggestions? Thanks

Replies

• micaeladh
    Options
    I know they are a little high in calories, but i normally have a luna bar for snack everyday. I love them because it also gives a bunch of vitamins, but I also can only eat half and feel held over until dinner of lunch. Just a thought.
  • micaeladh
    Options
    I know they are a little high in calories, but i normally have a luna bar for snack everyday. I love them because it also gives a bunch of vitamins, but I also can only eat half and feel held over until dinner of lunch. Just a thought.
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    Also keep in mind - fruit's sugar are good sugars! so eat all the fruit you want and ignore the sugar content!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The sugar goal is set extremely low here. The only way I can stay under it is if I don't eat any fruit (and forget about anything with processed sugar. Even a bowl of cereal puts me over. So I don't worry about it too much. It's just not a realistic goal.
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love fiber one bars.. special k chocotely delight, and fruits are good sugars.. low fat peanut butter... dont have too many ideas but hope these will help a lil =)
  • tina8884
    Options
    Also keep in mind - fruit's sugar are good sugars! so eat all the fruit you want and ignore the sugar content!

Yeah, I usually don't pay to much mind to it but I don't wanna go over by too much. Plus I don't wanna eat the same foods all the time lol. I always go over my fiber too. They set that wayyy too low
  • tina8884
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    fruit sugars are natural sugars but they are still sugar. They count as carbs. You can gain weight eating too much fruit. I wish the site split the sugar between natural and added sugar but it doesn't. It treats is all the same. So when I look at my total sugar I go through and subtract the natural sugars.

The sugar in skim milk is natural sugar, too. Sometimes I'll just have a cup of skim milk as a snack.
  • bethnations
    bethnations Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Sargento Mozzarella Cheese sticks @ 80 cal, or Jello Dark Chocolat mousse @ 60 cal or Light Lays Potato chips @ 20 for 70 calories.

Arnolds wheat bread rounds toasted for 100 calories. A great snack is tootsie roll pops @ 60 calories.:happy:
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    I agree with the fiber thing. I figured we all need 25-30 grams no matter how many calories we are putting in. I like Fiber One original cereal which has 14g per serving and that is how much MFP is allowing me daily. So I just try and keep an eye on it.
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    The sugar goal is set extremely low here. The only way I can stay under it is if I don't eat any fruit (and forget about anything with processed sugar. Even a bowl of cereal puts me over. So I don't worry about it too much. It's just not a realistic goal.

the sugar goal is added sugar. That is what is on the nutrition labels too.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have a ryvita with one triangle of laughing cow
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    The 100 calories Fibre One bars are so yummy! Also, there are 90 calorie Rice Krispies Squares when I'm craving something sweet :)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Eating Broccoli - Flower clusters, as we speak. Only 10 Calories for 1/2 cup. Not bad at all!! I am trying to incorporate more veggies in the snack area to reduce my sugar.