Aaaaah help!!

Options
How do people stay focused when they have to cook other meals for non dieters? I have done super all day , I'm not one but hungry but I've just made the other half some dinner and well sausages have never smelt so good :sad: once next week comes I'm afraid e will have no option but to eat the same as me :laugh: orrrrr he will have to learn to make his own damn meals :wink:

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Um, I opt for make him eat the same damn thing or cook his own damn meals, but my hubby could use some calorie restriction as well......

Also, cook the same meal for everyone, just give hime the larger portions. For instance, when I make a box of risotto, I get a 1/2 cup serving, he gets the rest of the box.....
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I manage to fit sausages into my daily calories goal :smile:

Seriously if you know that you are going to be cooking sausages for tea then I either eat less during the day, or, occasionally I will go burn some calories to make sure I can fit some of them in.

It really does help to plan your food and you can do that for the whole family so that you can fit in with it as well
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Why would you have to cook them a different dinner? My hubby eats whatever I cook for dinner. He can always go back for seconds!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I make the same for both of us. I take smaller portions of the high calorie stuff and add extra veggies and lower calories stuff to my meal.

ETA - I also don't restrict my food choices, I'd include the sausages or whatever in my meal.
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Discipline. I love being tested and tempted constantly....it's a great feeling when you succeed in resisting temptation. Just remind yourself why it is so important to reach your goal.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    My family eats what I cook (and eat myself...) I just weigh my portions and might have a bigger helping of veggies and less potatoes than they do....

But I eat sausages, ice cream, pizza or whatever they eat, no need to be on a "diet" to eat at a deficit.....
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Today was a exception as I was doing shakes. However as of tomorrow it will be the same meals just different portion sizes , I'm trying to lose whilst he could do with gaining!
  • missbirrell
    Options
    - I cook for my partner and I. We eat the same thing, I usually just give him a larger portion because he's bulking up and I'm on a weight loss mission.
    - You can fit anything, almost, into your calorie goal if you're careful so have the sausages!
  • Obeah1
    Obeah1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think I'll go and cook some sausages now.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any foods, I just fit them into my day. I'm making the same meals that I was before, I just eat less.... so this isn't a problem for me. I'm not "dieting" as a temporary way to reach a goal weight, I am changing my lifestyle forever. For good. For life. Reaching a goal weight is just one tiny step in my journey. If it's this difficult for you, perhaps re-assess your goals and find a way to fit in the foods that you really, truly want to be eating? Like sausages. I couldn't give up sausages. So I didn't.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing my husband does and I eat the same way I do maintaining that I do losing. So, this would be a non issue. I plan my meals to meet my macros and adhere to my calorie limit and things have been working out pretty well so far.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Um, does he not know how to cook for himself?
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I cook for my wife and myself. I just take smaller portions. It takes will power but it isn't impossible. I haven't cut out any foods, though there are some like sausage that I make less often than before.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I cook for non-dieters at least twice as week. I either plan the rest of my calorie wise around a heavy dinner (if I'm making pasta or pizza or something like that), or I make whatever I want and they can start cooking if they don't like it. :D

When I was married, it was definitely a case of, "Hey, this is what I'm making for dinner. Sound legit?" My ex rarely had complaints.
  • olyabe
    olyabe Posts: 36
    Options
    Exactly. Just cook the same for everyone, and if it happens to be more indulgent than you like, take a smaller portion and add a cup of broccoli or veg only salad with a spoon of oil for yourself.
    I usually cook a reasonably healthy dinner, we split it 50/50, and if it's not enough for my husband, he compensated with a cup of ice cream.. which i skip.. give him room for dessert!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I cook 95% of the time for 2 other adults and my kids, my picky one well shes an exception... I never stopped cooking the things that I like to eat, if my step dad or mom doesnt like something that I like to eat they know how to cook and make their own food.....Remember you dont need to cut out food just cut back on portions, I used to eat about 2 and a half sausages now I eat about 1 to 1 and a half
  • ColoradoCountryGal
    Options
    Been there! Mine brings home pizza all the time.. Just one of those inner fights for healthy eating I guess.. Good luck though cause its tough!!!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    I cook healthy meals all the time and other people love them. I made a killer pork chop the other day, Curry shrimp another day, baked Zucchini wedges today, homemade Chili, Spaghetti Sauce, killer Salsa, all with low Calorie helpings. Just because it's healthy does not mean is can't taste out of this world!

If you need some recipes, let me know.
  • hasses
    hasses Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lately I've found that if I plan out the night before what I'm going to make for dinner, I can calculate what I'll be eating ahead of time, so when the time comes for me to actually eat the dinner, I can just look at my phone to see how much I'm supposed to be eating of whatever I cooked so that way I won't be tempted to eat more of something than I should. I generally don't like to eat something different for dinner than my family because then it makes me feel like I'm being deprived somehow...
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    My husband has serious veggie aversion, so I make his main dish (like home made Mac and cheese or spaghetti or what have you) my side and just add on things I love that he doesn't care for at all.