• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Arctic-desert-terrain-1642.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Arctic-desert-terrain-1642.jpg

is it true that you can have pet polar bears in Canada? are they hard to house train?
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    It's mandatory, actually.
  • GingerJenX3
    Options
    Alberta here! My kids built an igloo in the back yard last week!
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm here in New Brunswick... Our Polar Bear population is on the endangered species list, so we are no longer allowed to keep them as pets. I read last week that in 2015 there are going to be some changes in legislation, so who knows? Maybe.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Alberta here! My kids built an igloo in the back yard last week!

are you eskimos?
  • mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Never heard of polar bears as pets lol...but I am from Quebec and that pic of the mountains seems pretty accurate right about now! Canada is such a beautiful place...totally worth visiting.
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Imagine a place where it snows every 3 hours and then rains on top of it. Welcome to Canada this winter...well New Brunswick at least.
  • LadyForbes1
    LadyForbes1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vancouver, British Columbia here! Also known as the "lower mainland" Not a lot of snow here, but, I think it would be fair to say, the "rainy capital of Canada"!
  • AproMunro
    Options
    Canada eh? No doot aboot it.

I am actually a USAian who moved to Ottawa in 2009. I recently became eligible to get my citizenship so soon I will be an official Canadian. What is it like here? Pretty much what it is like in the northern states except getting sick or injured here wont put you in the poor house for life :D. Also there is no American cheese, which I really miss, but they do have some seriously awesome food here that I have never even heard of in the states so it is a trade off.
  • Matt24442
    Options
    Canada eh? No doot aboot it.

I am actually a USAian who moved to Ottawa in 2009. I recently became eligible to get my citizenship so soon I will be an official Canadian. What is it like here? Pretty much what it is like in the northern states except getting sick or injured here wont put you in the poor house for life :D. Also there is no American cheese, which I really miss, but they do have some seriously awesome food here that I have never even heard of in the states so it is a trade off.

i had beaver for christmas dinner yesterday
  • GingerJenX3
    Options
    I am........ not but they are! lol
  • AproMunro
    Options
    In many circles here, "Eskimo" is considered a racial slur.
  • azzyan
    azzyan Posts: 29
    Options
    We only have igloos, polar bears and ice/snow.
    And of course our policemen ride horses because cars don't work in the ice/snow terrain.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    i've never been there. what's it like?
    Canada is exactly like this:
    canadamap_zps428a4759.jpg
    I live in the Marijuana and Mountains area, near the Trees, Trees, Trees... :bigsmile:
  • RajK01
    RajK01 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am from Vancouver British Columbia…apart from all the sarcastic comments on here…its a beautiful place thats why they call it "beautiful British Columbia"
  • Scratch_MJ
    Scratch_MJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am from Vancouver British Columbia…apart from all the sarcastic comments on here…its a beautiful place thats why they call it "beautiful British Columbia"

I am from BC too! Sunny Okanagan! :)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i'm from bc to. i get to get up every morning and look at amazing mountains. i love it
  • Magddaa1
    Options
    Im from sask whoop..and its damnn cold here burrr...:P maybe i can sell my snow to the usa..lol in bags whoop..just being funny ..but serious i hate snow..
  • ineedhelp69
    Options
    YES