Weightloss aids

Options
I'm brand new to the whole diet/ lifestyle change thing,
Guess I was a little to comfortable with my jigglyness. Anyway has anyone had any experience with chia seeds? Works/ doesn't work. Any side effects?
Also I heard drinking hot green tea can help boost the metabolism. Any thoughts on this?
Feel free to add me as well , any advice , motivation, conversation is a big help ! Thanks guys????

Replies

• hf91
    hf91 Posts: 23
    Options
    I haven't personally used chia seeds but I have friends who often toss them in smoothies, on salads, etc. Strictly regarding weight loss, chia seeds expand in your stomach, thus creating a sense of fullness. While this is good for keeping hunger at bay, having something that grows in volume in your stomach can, from what I would assume, cause digestion issues depending how sensitive you are. Again, I have no personal experience so I can't really tell you whether they would work for you or not. Green tea doesn't need to be hot to gain the benefits of it, I generally drink my ice cold as the body has to burn calories to heat the liquid up to core temperature for digestion. Green tea has many health benefits outside of weight loss, but it contains caffeine which helps to burn fat. Drinking green tea is a good habit to get into for its many health benefits whether or not it really helps you to lose weight.

As for advice, drinking water is probably the greatest thing you can do for your body regarding weight loss. Water takes up room in your stomach, making you feel full, which can fight off cravings and hunger. Try drinking an 8 oz. glass right before you eat any meal and you will find yourself becoming fuller quicker. Just remember slow and steady wins the race and good luck on your lifestyle change!
  • April195
    April195 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Considering the way I've eaten before now, I'm sure I can handle about anything in my stomach lol
    And I'm working on the water thing but I super hate it as is, I can drink it but it's not enjoyable I guess because I'm used to carbonation and high sugar content. But no pain no gain right? ????
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I take Body Fit Supplement. The caffeine energizes me daily....
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Here are some good weight loss aids...

exercise-equipment-store-bay-area.jpg

2e1rg9c.jpg
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Considering the way I've eaten before now, I'm sure I can handle about anything in my stomach lol
    And I'm working on the water thing but I super hate it as is, I can drink it but it's not enjoyable I guess because I'm used to carbonation and high sugar content. But no pain no gain right? ????
    If you like sweet fizzy drinks, get some seltzer, and those flavor liquids like Mio or Crystal Light. I personally prefer water bc I don't like artificial sweetener tastes, but it's one way to incorporate fizzy drinks into your plan.

Having said that...the best weight loss aid...is eating at a caloric deficit. None of the supplements or special drinks or ketones or any of that stuff is going to make it happen. Caffeine may slightly boost metabolism, but, the more likely benefit is that it gives you a little extra energy so you can move more, and burn calories through activity.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    There are no magic pills. Chia seeds have benefits, for sure, but just adding them to your diet isn't going to do much.

Eat at a moderate deficit.
    Ideally, add some resistance training (weights or bodyweight exercise) to help hold onto the nicely shaped lean muscle that you do have.
    Continue until fabulous.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    2e1rg9c.jpg

Great. Now I have to figure out how to get a set of Oly Bling Weights.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You can add fresh fruit to your water to give it flavor. I have to drink mine Ice cold most of the time.

I've never tried any diet aids. I think it is better to go with something I can stick with long term.

( each person has to find their own way. Just because it works for me doesn't mean it's the only way.)
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Continue until fabulous.
    Love this.
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great. Now I have to figure out how to get a set of Oly Bling Weights. :laugh: :laugh:
  • alienaliens
    Options

WILL CHECK THEM OUT
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

WILL CHECK THEM OUT

Did you already take one??
  • alienaliens
    Options

WILL CHECK THEM OUT

Will check them out on line to see what they are. Maybe I don't understand your question, if you see this, explain to me what you mean.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Best weight loss aid: food scale

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

WILL CHECK THEM OUT

Just so you know, the caffeine doesn't actually do anything. It isn't going to speed up calorie burn or cause weight loss. Some people take caffeine pills prior to working out because the energy boost from the caffeine helps them EXERCISE at a more intense level, leading to increased calorie burn from the workout. Taking the pill on its own without the exercise component will just make you more alert and aware of the fact that you spent money on the pills and you're still overweight.
  • alienaliens
    Options
    Food scale - great answer.

Looks like everyone is really in the helping mode, real good advice for this young lady.
  • alienaliens
    Options
    QUOTE:
    Just so you know, the caffeine doesn't actually do anything. It isn't going to speed up calorie burn or cause weight loss. Some people take caffeine pills prior to working out because the energy boost from the caffeine helps them EXERCISE at a more intense level, leading to increased calorie burn from the workout. Taking the pill on its own without the exercise component will just make you more alert and aware of the fact that you spent money on the pills and you're still overweight.

THANKS! NOW I don't have to even check them out. I probably drink enough coffee and tea for that!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

WILL CHECK THEM OUT

Will check them out on line to see what they are. Maybe I don't understand your question, if you see this, explain to me what you mean.

That is too funny. Actually has me slightly grinning, the real world equivalent of LOL on the internet. Caps are 'yelling' on internet forums. So, what QuietBloom is implying, is that you might already be 'amped up' from taking those supplements. :wink:
  • alienaliens
    Options
    That is too funny. Actually has me slightly grinning, the real world equivalent of LOL on the internet. Caps are 'yelling' on internet forums. So, what QuietBloom is implying, is that you might already be 'amped up' from taking those supplements. wink

OH! THANKS! I HAD NO IDEA! TOO BAD ALL CAPS BOTHER SO MANY PEOPLE. SEE I AM HARD OF HEARING AND I HAVE TO TALK LOUD. AND PLUS I AM OLD AS HELL AND I DON'T GIVE A CRAP. BE SWEET YALL YOUNG ONES!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options

Try putting thin slices of any citrus fruit in a pitcher of water. keep cold or serve over ice.