lopsided weightloss. help?

Options
so somehow my right arm has lost quite a lot of the icky fat that was clinging to it. you can even actually SEE the muscle tighten when i flex it! but my left arm seems to have not gotten the memo that we're trying to lose weight here! any advice so i can lose off of the one arm quickly and get them to be even. i HATE being lopsided! :grumble:

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    lol! dont worry about it, i know it is weird but my measuements have always yo yoed, left this week right next etc.... all sorsts itself out along the way.

if you have to armwrestle use your right ;) you are normal!
  • jessimacar
    Options
    I imagine if you're gaining more definition in your right arm then you're right handed? Try doing things with your left hand more often. Or you could strap a wrist weight to only your left arm. Or do more exercises on your left arm while you're watching tv or on the computer, lift a can or bottle of something, nothing heavy, but enough to slowly work your left arm..

Congrats on your weight loss so far. If you can tone your right arm, you can do it for the left! :)

Good Luck!
  • PocketNaomi
    Options
    Work the arm which isn't losing -- do strength exercises with it, even just lifting grocery bags with that arm instead of your other will work if you habitually use the one that's losing. Try to do things with the other one. It'll shape up with time!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of wrist weights! That'd be interesting to see if that did the trick!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. my whole right side (arm and thigh) are bigger. Its awkward and sucks, but totally normal. it will even out eventually
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    And don't even start on boobs! Lopsided at best of times lol
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    maybe you can knit w/ a wrist weight to help the other arm catch up!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we are not even normally and when we are losing weight it is more apparent but don't despair it will lessen over time. Much like how you can't direct where you lose weight it holds true for lopsideyness :)