A Year Has Past, And So Much Has Changed

Options
2»

Replies

• BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You inspire me so much. I love reading about you and you are in my prayers. I am excited to get healthier this year and be able to do the things I have missed out on in the last 25 years. God is moving me to being a healthier and happier person and I am ready to see where He is going to lead me.
    :heart:
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Thank you for sharing your key life events and congratulations on overcoming so many trials and tribulations. Take carea and have a wonderful 2014.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think its time for a new profile pic Sue. You are not that woman any more.

I just thinking that it is nearly time for a new photo. Maybe when my new titanium knees are working without so much pain, I will get an updated profile photo...and maybe even a new before and after shot to see those lost 95 pounds. :wink:
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What a blessing you are! Enjoyed reading your story. God bless!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Oh my Sue, what a difficult tragedy, to lose your parents and then realize your marriage was over!! I am so happy that you found God and Ed and that your path has been full of love since that time!!! Awesome!!!!

Within just a short period of time, I lost my baby sister to a serial killer, my mom to cancer, my dad and stepmom to the LA quake, divorced and then, lost my older son to suicide. I had to go through that all without any understanding of Christ and God's Word. That was truly a lonely time.

Once God came into my life, He led me to my brighter future. The love and strength that came with that 'truth' was the much needed part of my life. Ed was my reward for doing what God asked of me, but my salvation was the greatest gift will ever know. It helps me to find hope, even in when things seem most hopeless.
    I am curious and of course you don't have to answer if you choose not to, but do you still have contact with your sister? Is she still with your ex husband? I am so sorry you had to go through that pain, but I am so happy you have been richly rewarded!!!!

My ex-husband and sister married in 1994 and were separated and divorced in just a few years. I thought that my sister betrayed me, and I would not speak to her for several years. During the first week that I began my life as a Christian, I found myself facing everything that I feared to see.

I spoke to my ex-husband and my sister. I discovered that she had refused to betray me and engage in an affair with my husband, until I chose divorce and opened that door. I love her, and we have seen each other and reunited; but she lives far away. She has met Ed and knows that I am truly blessed. She also became a Christian in same time that I did. God definitely had a time and purpose for everything that happened.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!!!
  • Lornamcs
    Options
    Happy new year to you and Ed. So glad you are feeling so much better. Take care x
  • Mrs__G
    Mrs__G Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What the last 20 years have brought in and out of your life. You are an inspiration in many ways. What a great example of what hard work, determination, and courage will do. I hope 2014 brings nothing but happiness and blessings to you Ed and your family.
  • angex3333
    angex3333 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel humbled reading your story and wish you all the best :)
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Oh my Sue, what a difficult tragedy, to lose your parents and then realize your marriage was over!! I am so happy that you found God and Ed and that your path has been full of love since that time!!! Awesome!!!!

Within just a short period of time, I lost my baby sister to a serial killer, my mom to cancer, my dad and stepmom to the LA quake, divorced and then, lost my older son to suicide. I had to go through that all without any understanding of Christ and God's Word. That was truly a lonely time.

Once God came into my life, He led me to my brighter future. The love and strength that came with that 'truth' was the much needed part of my life. Ed was my reward for doing what God asked of me, but my salvation was the greatest gift will ever know. It helps me to find hope, even in when things seem most hopeless.
    I am curious and of course you don't have to answer if you choose not to, but do you still have contact with your sister? Is she still with your ex husband? I am so sorry you had to go through that pain, but I am so happy you have been richly rewarded!!!!

My ex-husband and sister married in 1994 and were separated and divorced in just a few years. I thought that my sister betrayed me, and I would not speak to her for several years. During the first week that I began my life as a Christian, I found myself facing everything that I feared to see.

I spoke to my ex-husband and my sister. I discovered that she had refused to betray me and engage in an affair with my husband, until I chose divorce and opened that door. I love her, and we have seen each other and reunited; but she lives far away. She has met Ed and knows that I am truly blessed. She also became a Christian in same time that I did. God definitely had a time and purpose for everything that happened.

You have been through so very much pain in your life, Sue. It is so sad to imagine what it must have been like. Some might say you've been through your own personal He**. But, it just came to me that there is a different way to look at this. I almost private messaged this to you, but thought to myself "No. I should share it here, because maybe, as Sue says, it will help someone else who reads it."

So, in that light, what just came to me is that rather than thinking that when we are going through painful/difficult/hopeless seeming times in our lives that those times are our personal He**, we might benefit from imagining that we are like clay and that what we are going through, feeling and experiencing is molding us into a better person. We may be incapable of imagining such a possible happy future as you have, Sue, but with enough strength we can ALL get there.

I feel we ALL have strength inside us, if we are able to look deeply enough--I know, as I've been through my own version of very painful times in my life. Once we are able to find that strength to get ourselves out of whatever bad things are going on and feel peace in our lives, we are then able to become healthier in body as well as soul, or at least that has been my own personal experience, and it looks like it has been yours as well. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I know you never set out to be anyone's inspiration or motivation, but you have, and I enjoy reading your musings and posts every day. Your positive outlook on life, in spite of everything it threw your way, is most impressive.

I hope that every day finds you feeling better and better as you continue to recover from your surgery. By the way, happy new year, Sue!
  • myhoneyrose
    Options
    You have been a blessing to so many of us on MFP too! We missed you while you were recovering. You write so well, even those of us hundreds of miles away feel as if you and Ed are family. I love you blogs and I love that you are an inspiration! I pray for you both to have a wonderful New Year!
  • PReiss828
    PReiss828 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wish I could meet you in person to give you a hug and say what an awesome job you are doing. You have been such an inspiration to me...I have told friends about your story...to let people know it CAN be done...you are living proof! You and Special Ed are amazing and definitely an example of "divine" intervention. Blessings as you continue on your journey to healing and happiness!
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Your life has had so much tragedy, loss, and even horror. Most of us will never have to face so many terrible trials of senseless loss, betrayal and yet you not only have endured but you have been forged into a compassionate, wise woman, and an inspiration to so many. Despite all, you give God praise and allow this testimony of your faith for for all of us. God bless you Sue, your crown has surely been earned.
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am so amazed how God takes those things that are meant to harm us and turns them for our good. Praise You Lord and thank You! Sue, what an awesome testimony of Gods amazing grace. And it's for all of us! You are an inspiration to us all don't stop what you're doing because it is very uplifting to people like me who need hear that All things are possible to those who believe! It's not just a spiritual walk but we are flesh and blood and have to deal with flesh and blood issues. Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year to you and Ed. Thanks for another truly wonderful blog, my friend. It really has encouraged me to get moving again.

Darlene:smile:
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to take a moment and wish you and Ed a very Happy New Year, and to congratulate you on your knee replacement surgery. Hope you are taking this time to rest. You are such an inspiration to many and I wish you the very best in your healing! May peace, happiness and God's blessings be with you!
  • RockClimber69
    RockClimber69 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you heal fast and that 2014 is your best year yet!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!