Is snot messing up your diet?

Options
I found this interesting blog post: http://coolefitness.com/blog/number-of-calories-in-boogers/

"On a typical day we swallow about 4 cups or 200 calories in boogers a day. When we are sick this can easily double or triple, no wonder I wasn’t really all that hungry."

200 calories could probably screw up some people's deficits. And if you are sick? You might be going over an not even know it!

Replies

• jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What you cant be serious? Lmfao really
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Well, I think we just got to the root of the obesity problem in elementary schools. :laugh:
  • jennegan1
    Options
    Well, I think we just got to the root of the obesity problem in elementary schools. :laugh:

bahahaha. I guess I should tell my toddler now to stop picking her nose before she even gets to elementary school
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    *boggles* It's just recycling stuff already in your body so really doesn't count.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    No, picking your nose is good, it gets the calories out of your body so they can't be swallowed. Well, unless she eats it after she picks it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    buffy-yuck.gif
  • jennegan1
    Options
    No, picking your nose is good, it gets the calories out of your body so they can't be swallowed. Well, unless she eats it after she picks it.

No she doesnt thank god. Just does the usual typical toddler exploring her nose deal. I didnt read the article yet but im sure itll be even more amusing
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Do the calories burned to create the snot cancel out the calories of snot I'm swallowing? I wonder. . . :indifferent:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

No she doesnt thank god. Just does the usual typical toddler exploring her nose deal. I didnt read the article yet but im sure itll be even more amusing

Make sure she knows before she goes to school that sharing is caring.
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

So are you saying this is exercise....can we add "Picking Boogies" to our existing routine? Would this count as strength training or cardio?
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options

So are you saying this is exercise....can we add "Picking Boogies" to our existing routine? Would this count as strength training or cardio?

I suppose it depends on how big your nose is.
  • jennegan1
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs ladies! And yes shes learning about sharing is caring thru her sister...maybe ill tell her to start sharing her boogers with her sister now
  • vmr2811
    vmr2811 Posts: 36
    Options
    buffy-yuck.gif

^^THIS!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, this is a thread (or similar version) that seems to repeat itself each January....

Yes, we all got fat on our snot and boogers.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

:laugh:

Oddly enough, this was the slogan on a poster that was hung in my 5th grade elementary classroom.... which I remember most vividly. LOL!
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    I found this interesting blog post: http://coolefitness.com/blog/number-of-calories-in-boogers/

"On a typical day we swallow about 4 cups or 200 calories in boogers a day. When we are sick this can easily double or triple, no wonder I wasn’t really all that hungry."

200 calories could probably screw up some people's deficits. And if you are sick? You might be going over an not even know it!

:sick:
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

:laugh:

Oddly enough, this was the slogan on a poster that was hung in my 5th grade elementary classroom.... which I remember most vividly. LOL!

Ha ha ha!! Maybe I need a new poster in my classroom!!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Pick it, Lick it, Roll it, Flick it!....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5oid4zxL71rqfhi2o1_500.gif