Craving cake? Here is a really easy, low calorie fix

Options
hevans05
hevans05 Posts: 13 Member
Sometimes I crave baked goods. I blame my huge sweet tooth for the weight I've gained over the years. I'm dedicated to losing weight, but if I feel deprived, I tend to get frustrated and quit. Luckily I found a low calorie fix for my cake/cookie/brownie craving, and I thought I would share in case anyone else shares my pain.

It's called "3-2-1" cake.

You mix 1 box of angel food cake with 1 box of cake mix (any flavor you want... chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc) in a ziplock bag. Add 3 tablespoons of the dry cake mix + 2 tablespoons of water to a mug, and microwave for 1 minute. Easy as that!

Calories will vary depending on the type of cake mix you use, but 1 serving is generally around 125 calories. Best of all, the mix makes approximately 36 servings, so you can have some around for a quick fix when you need it.

Enjoy!

Replies

• nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Wonder if you could do add ins like chocolate chips to satisfy the craving for the frosting?
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Wonder if you could do add ins like chocolate chips to satisfy the craving for the frosting?

Melt some chocolate chips and mix them into some low-fat cream cheese. Spread about a tsp on top. I bet it's delicious.... like chocolate cheesecake frosting.
  • heymoe012
    heymoe012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I will try this.
  • hevans05
    hevans05 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Melt some chocolate chips and mix them into some low-fat cream cheese. Spread about a tsp on top. I bet it's delicious.... like chocolate cheesecake frosting.

I love the frosting idea! Thanks for adding it to my arsenal : )
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm sure my three little girls will love it!
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    yum
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Has anyone who recommends these "instant" single serve cookies/cakes ever had microwave "baked" goods?

Or am I the only only one here who's mom tried out the recipe booklet that used to come with microwaves back in the '80s when they were still a novelty? :noway:
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Has anyone who recommends these "instant" single serve cookies/cakes ever had microwave "baked" goods?

Or am I the only only one here who's mom tried out the recipe booklet that used to come with microwaves back in the '80s when they were still a novelty? :noway:

Nope - do you have other fun recipes? =)
    I'm going to have to try this - this and the 2 ingredient cupcakes are going to be my new favorites for dessert!
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    This needed pics
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options

Actually these mini-cakes are pretty good. The consistency is a little different, but satisfies that craving for a little something sweet. And yes, I even remember the first microwave my mom had that only had one setting. You could do baked potatoes or most veggies and little else. Even "heating" a roll would produce a brick instead since there was no "low" setting.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Gonna try this
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I find that my cravings don't go away unless they are satisfied. I would opt for a small piece of a cake, enjoy every bite, and move on. That's just me though.
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options

Nope - do you have other fun recipes? =)
    I'm going to have to try this - this and the 2 ingredient cupcakes are going to be my new favorites for dessert!

LOL Only a few horror stories! :laugh: Microwaved cake was not a pleasant experience, it was almost as bad as the bacon!
    My husband has an amazing story about thanksgiving dinner at his grandmas. The whole meal was cooked in the microwave! EVEN THE TURKEY! :laugh: :sick: :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :cry:
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    bump!