Failed every time before, help me

Options
Ive joined MFP a few times before and Ive always ended up giving up and gaining weight. I'm looking for some friends who can keep me motivated :)

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

The key to sticking with weight loss is not to cut any foods out that you love. Eat at a reasonable deficit. Log diligently. Weigh and measure all your food.
  • kevinrbarger
    kevinrbarger Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

The key to sticking with weight loss is not to cut any foods out that you love. Eat at a reasonable deficit. Log diligently. Weigh and measure all your food.

This. All of this. Make really small changes, and make sure that you log every single morsel you put in your mouth hole. Realize that you didn't become overweight overnight, and that it's going to take a while for it to come off. Stay really honest with yourself, but don't be harsh on yourself when you inevitably slip up either. Realize that you are fighting against a lot of ingrained habits, and that when confronted with change your brain will want to take the path of least resistance and try to pull you back into the cycles that it knows and has grown accustomed to. It will fight harder against huge sweeping changes, so your best bet is to make small ones. Don't deny yourself a cookie, for instance, if you really want it, but instead see what you can cut to make sure that it fits in. Work with instead of against yourself.

If you want, you're more than welcome to send me a friend request and never be afraid to shoot me a message if you need support. The best thing that we all can do for each other is simply to be there.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

This!
    I've been able to stick with it for so long because I haven't cut anything out of my diet, and I get to eat plenty of food (1700 calories a day!). If you set reasonable goals and eat at a reasonable deficit, it shouldn't be too unpleasant. :smile:
  • mwolfe0104
    Options
    I can completely relate!! I used MFP a few years ago and it helped me a lot. Of course then I decided I could do everything on my own and here I am again unhappy with my body and disappointed in myself. Lets be friends? :)