Hello there

Options
Hi.. Thought I might as well introduce myself since I can tell I will be on here quite a bit. (Its like Facebook without farmville) lol. I am a 28 yo mother of two beautiful toddlers. Weight to me hasnt been a big deal for a while. When I got married at 17 I weighed 128 which was just about perfect. As we all know marriage seems to put on the pounds. I must say I havent blown up as much as I figured that I would over the past 11 years but I have gained 40+ and its in the worst areas ever.. I have wings on my arms, a mushroom top, and thighs that wont quit! Im a very happy person for the most part and I am very happy with myself which is why I havent really worried to much about the gain. However now that Im done baby making I really want to get healthy. I want to be able to go shopping and put on a pair of jeans and not have a mushroom top.. My whole family is big, my mother, grandmothers (on both sides) etc.. I dont stand a chance if I dont change my lifestlye now. I dont want that for myself. Sooooo, here I am.. Found the app on my phone last week, added it and for the heck of it looked at how many calories I consume on a daily basis and O...M...G.. I thought I was doing pretty good eating healthy but once I seen how many calories I consume on a daily basis I freaked.. Oh and thats not counting the 12 pk of Mt Dew I consumed every day.. Yeah Im suprised Im not a whale! So I am doing the 1200 cal thing. The last 2 days have been awesome. I am SOOO proud of myself. I have stayed under my goal of 1200.. Its not that hard at all once you go to the store and read the calories on EVERY thing you buy =o) I also bought some vitamins and diet sodas. Mt Dew BE GONE! Anywho, so far I have lost 2 lbs.. in a week! Im so happy I could scream! I love this site and all it has to offer and I especially love being able to meet other people who are in the same situation as me. All my friends are like toothpicks and cannot relate to me.. AT ALL! I look forward to meeting you all and achieving my goal! I want to loose 50.. We shall see but I have hope! <3

Replies

• jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello, my name is JoJo and I am a recovering Mt. Dewholic! I've been clean for 4 weeks now! :drinker:

I love this site and honestly don't know what I would do without it some days! It's kind of like crack :smokin:

Welcome and have fun!
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Small changes are great! You will notice a difference. Also, get active!! Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • alecfish
    Options
    hi all , a pal told me about this site, I live in west of scotland , the home of the deep fried mars bar, scary eh!! anyway got a competition with a few mates over next month or so, the person who loves has to ..............???????
    wish me luck
    Andy
  • cosmoang
    Options
    Yeah MT Dew is the devil... Congrats on your 4 weeks!!! =o) Thanks for all the welcomes!!
  • alljcf
    alljcf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Amanda and I heard about this website from my husbands cousin! I just signed up today and I love it!! I'm a 27 year old married mother of one. I have major body issues! I'm very short (5 2') so for my height, I should be like 120 pounds and I'm not! Growing up, I was never worried about my weight too much and I had confidence! I had my child and lost all the weight I gained and more but have no confidence!!! I got down to 125 pounds and still felt awful about myself. Since then, I have gained weight and now weigh 148.5. I've had a recent death of a cousin in my family and it made me realize that life is too short to make myself sick about my weight. Don't get me wrong, I wanna be smaller and I WILL lose 10 pounds but I've realized theres too much in life to enjoy!!! I'm on this site, in hopes to meet people like myself! I know I can lose 10 pounds but I need be confident!! So, here I go!!!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people and helpful posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Hello and welcome,

You'll like it here, tons of tools and friendly people to lend support. Good luck to you!