1200 Calorie

jv0898
jv0898 Posts: 20 Member
Started a 1200 calorie diet January 1. Looking for food ideas. Anyone got ideas?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Eat more food. :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member

+1
  • Talk to your doctor and get a number that is focused on you, your health and what you need. It may be 1,200 as I know nothing about you and will not judge like others will. However, it could be more, especially if you are active.
  • half a banana with a tbsp of pb is good about 140 cal
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Increasing your calories is a good idea.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Before jumping on the eat more food bandwagon, I see you're 46 and female. How tall are you, and if you don't mind, what's your weight? Or, conversely, calculate your TDEE/BMR at one of the online sites and then folks will suggest foods. if you use iifym.com they'll tell you how much of each macro to eat based on what you tell them (standard, low carb etc...) and from there we can better advise you.

Please do know your BMR. You may find you have better long term success if you eat above it. Given your age, it's possible your BMR is less than 1200.

Also, how much do you want to lose, and how aggressively did you tell MFP you want to lose it?

Sorry, just felt given the "eat more" posts, it would be best to have more info about you.

signed: 48 5'6", 136 and bmr is 1333. :smile:
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Apples, bell peppers & hummus, string cheese, chicken breast, nonfat plain greek yogurt...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Look at my diary for yeaterday, which was less than 1000 calories. I had a migraine and could only eat a little at a time. Or look at today and skip the peanuts or the peanut butter.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
  • eat more and work out more... i eat about 600 just for dinner and am starving before bed ( i have a decent snack)... with luch and breakfast around 400 each. I add snack but also work out a lot so i guess it balances out..

I snack on almonds, peanuts, peanut butter, that seems to fill me up. Also lattes do the trick when i get hungry....
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member

+1

+9000
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

use this to calculate the amount of calories that you should actually eat. 1200 calories is almost always too low for most people. Using such a low number is only going to set you up for failure.
  • sullengirl78
    sullengirl78 Posts: 36 Member
    Oh lordy here we go again...........
  • kward0222
    kward0222 Posts: 10 Member
    My doctor put me on 1200 cal per day. I have been doing it for three months now. Find foods that are low cal, but filling. Protein is a must. Chicken with lots of veggies is a good choice. Fruit smoothies with protein powder is good too. Make sure you talk to your doctor so you remain healthy.
  • sullengirl78
    sullengirl78 Posts: 36 Member

OHHHHH Yes.....MANGA!!!!!!

hvcwoh.jpg
  • pps7
    pps7 Posts: 46
    I know 1200 kcal is really unpopular here and honestly I can't do it. I've tried and I'm starving. But that is where MFP has set my net calories. I'm 5'2" 114 lbs. GW: 110. I set it for 1/2 lb. loss per weak bc I know anything more than that at my size is not reasonable. I exercise frequently so I eat 1400-1500 per day and one cheat meal per week.

Anyone know why MFP set my calories so low? I'm still hungry most days.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Why do people have to be so hard on someone they know nothing about? You don't know anything to be doing that to her.. how rude! people come here for support. My god look at my diary you all will probably go into cardiac arrest!
    I had people come at me with their daggers when I first started here too.. Don't mind them any attention. Listen to the ones that actually want to help you and ask the questions, and truly care.. The other ones that say eat more without saying anything, they are what I call TROLLS.

Btw. I am a lap band patient and am under a dr's care, and ordered to keep it 6-800 calories...
  • t73reed
    t73reed Posts: 22 Member
    If you're exercising you're going to want to increase it...but if you're determined to stay there then definitely eat big salads and plenty of fruit through the day. Don't forget your protein as well! Good luck!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Before jumping on the eat more food bandwagon, I see you're 46 and female. How tall are you, and if you don't mind, what's your weight? Or, conversely, calculate your TDEE/BMR at one of the online sites and then folks will suggest foods. if you use iifym.com they'll tell you how much of each macro to eat based on what you tell them (standard, low carb etc...) and from there we can better advise you.

Please do know your BMR. You may find you have better long term success if you eat above it. Given your age, it's possible your BMR is less than 1200.

Also, how much do you want to lose, and how aggressively did you tell MFP you want to lose it?

Sorry, just felt given the "eat more" posts, it would be best to have more info about you.

signed: 48 5'6", 136 and bmr is 1333. :smile:

Your posts are so sensible and helpful.
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    if your exercising then you can eat more. Give it a go for a little longer as you are, maybe that weight is just unobtainable to be healthy!