Looking for Women in a similar situation to become friends w

Options
I'm looking to see if there are any women in the 25 to 35 age range who may be in a similar weightloss situation as I am.

I am not overweight (153 lbs), just on the high end of the BMI for my height and age. I'm looking to slim up and interested in loosing about 10 to 15 lbs.

I work out regularly, about 3 to 4... maybe 5 times a week, if I'm lucky. I love group fitness classes like Body Pump, Body Attack, Turbo Kick, and Zumba.

My biggest challenge is eating a low enough amount of calories each day.

Anyone else out there have a similar situation/goal as I do? I'd love to connect!

Replies

• AshleyMaire
    Options
    Hello! I am not currently in that position but I was - so if you ever need any tips, let me know, I'd be happy to help :)
  • HeatherCox7
    Options
    I just recently started counting calories b/c I'm really wanting to get back down to what I was in high school. I'm trying to lose around 30lbs. I've lost nearly 10lbs so far. I have a picture of myself of when I was back in high school at the weight I want to be. I keep it as my background on my phone, that way every time I look at it I tell myself how bad I want to get back to that spot. It has helped encourage me numerous times. I see it everyday. Also when I start to feel hungry or craving something I drink more water. Water fill syou up. It all really depends on how bad you want to get to wheere your going.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm into my last 15 pounds. I really would like to tone up a bit and take care of a few of those lingering problem areas, but I find my biggest problem is that I'm fairly happy where I'm at. I'm not overweight, I'm physically active enough to do anything I want. I go to the gym for group classes as many as five days a week and I run between 10 -12 miles a week. It's hard for me to decline the extra calories here and there. I've decided that if I can manage a between 2 - 5 pounds per month and still maintain my activity level, then it's good enough for me. I can wait until February. Feel free to friend me if you like, I'm also a fairly active commenter. :)
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    I am with you, 31 and around 154lbs, not over weight but high end of BMI (thinks it is a joke). I work out regularly, 3-4 days I gym it, and have been training for a 5K that is this weekend. But I have been really good to count everything that I eat, so if you need any support let me know. Good luck and welcome.
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    Hi Ashley - I'd love to hear your story and where you are at now! I'm also very interested in hearing about other's regular diet, as far as what common things are for breakfast, lunch, etc. Thanks so much for responding!
  • Aamilah
    Aamilah Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    HI,MY NAME IS AAMILAH AND I'M 25.I GOT 10-15 MORE POUNDS TO LOSE BEFORE I REACH MY GOAL WEIGHT (150 IS THE GOAL,I'M THINKING ABOUT ACHIEVING).
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty similar! I'm 5'4 so my 164lbs definitely puts me in the "overweight" category...I don't what to be there at all!

I also LOVE zumba! In addition to going to the gym, I work out about 4 times a week.

Sometimes, I eat more than I should and definitely drink more than I should on weekends! Let's keep each other in check!
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have a pretty similar story as well. I'm at about 156 and looking to lose about 20 pounds, though 15 is more realistic. I workout maybe twice a week, but trying hard to find time for more. I enjoy pilates, running, biking, and chasing my kids around. As far as eating goes, I'm doing better about intuitively understanding how much is too much, but I slip up a lot still. I love cookies and PB&Js. Alternatively, I'll eat too little to fuel myself, and then I'm too tired for life! So, finding the balance is tough for me. Glad you're here and hope your journey goes well!
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    Thank you to all of you who have replied! This is a really great website. My sister told me about it this weekend, so I've been enjoying it so far... except for the fact that it tells me I should eat 1400 calories. Ha!

So tell me about your typically diet... what kind of healthy things do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner to keep your calories within check?
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

I can totally relate :happy:

I just turned 30. I am 5'4"..........142 and my GW is 130. I am most interested in being healthy, lean and tone. My biggest goal is to be in the best shape I can be before we start a family next year and to also become a runner. (I love tennis, but can't run) :blushing: I'm really happy with how I look overall, but I want to be stronger and more athletic!

I enjoy walking my dog, going to the YMCA and doing the treadmill, elliptical and machines. I work out about 3-4 times a week and eat rather healthy. But I also enjoy wine and a gin and tonic now and then. :tongue:

I am most definitely looking for some motivational friends on this site as well. I think is great to use this website as a source to find people in similar situations. :smile:

Any additional support is always an AWESOME thing!
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi am 25. Im going to turn 26 next month. I have about 20lbs to go. I love to workout but normally end up putting other things first. But thats going to change.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The only difference is age! I turn 40 next month. I'm 5'2" and from ages 25 to 38 I was around 120-122 lbs. with very, very bad eating habits. Well, I guess my habits caught up with me in November 2008. I got laid off and started seeing the scale keep creep up. A year later I was almost 140! I managed to get that down to 134 basically by not eating all day. Then I got sick and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (in August) and told to cut out sugar, fats, flours - you know, all the good stuff! I am a sugar addict. I dropped down to 125 during this time - I was really sick. When I started feeling better I started eating healthy and walking (occasionally - maybe 4 days per week) I watched my weight go back up to 130. I'm in the upper range of a normal BMI but I would like to lose 10-15 pounds. I now do strength training along with the treadmill. Still around 4-5 days a week. My treadmill routines are about 30-40 minutes at the most. The scale has barely moved but my clothes are fitting better. I'm at 128 now. I've only been on this site for a week but I like how you can track everything. I've yet to connect with anyone on the site.
  • Moosical
    Options
    I'm 31, just outside of my BMI range, i'm only looking to lose 17lb to get to my personal target. I'm also really trying to increase my exercise - i'd be happy to be friends on here.

Caroline
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am turning 31 next week and recently lost 20 lbs, have about 15 more to go. I technically am "overweight" but I always have carried kinda heavy because I'm muscular (just gotta get that last layer of fat off so everyone can see those muscles!). I just rejoined the gym and enjoy classes like Turbokick, cycling and step. Welcome to the community, I have been here a few weeks and just awareness alone as to what I am eating and what I might be burning off has helped me feel better and back on track!
  • sugarbuzz74
    sugarbuzz74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i'm in that boat! welcome to the site, it's really helpful even for smaller weight loss goals.
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    ASking about my eating habits...... hummmm.......Try to pick lean protein, it keeps you full and less likely to snack...

Normal Breakfast - eat Plain Oatmeal, with tbsp of Ground Flax seed with a tbls spoon Agave Necture (find at walmart), and water..

Lunch - Lean Cuisine most days, days I have class after work, I eat decent, but make healthy choices)

Dinner - I am on my own most nights (hubby has school late) so I try to limit my calories, anything like Veleeta Broc & cheese Single, or a Lean Cuisine Steamer, or have tuna w/tbls relish and tbls mayo (eat with fork bread has calories).

Drink lots of water - empty calories, find a crystal light that you like and drink drink drink....

I also take alot of vitamins and herbs to help with energy throughout my day! Hope this helps.....
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 years old, and when I started my journey I was 170 pounds. I managed to loose 13 pounds on my own, but then I found MFP, and it's made all the difference! Now I also run in the mornings, and I'm so excited to see all the wonderful results as I progress. (Today I comfortably fit into my Old Navy size 10's again, and the 8's aren't far away. Hell yeah!)

Welcome! Let's kick some *kitten* together!
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    Wow! You ladies are all pretty amazing! I hope tracking my food and exercise and sticking to my daily calorie goal makes a difference!

Do any of you ever slip up or have days that you go over your calories? How often to you allow such a day?
  • sconnors16
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as some of the other posts....I'm 32 and not overweight, just trying to get back to "normal" for me, tighten and tone. I'm a newlywed (July) with a 6-year-old stepson who lives with us full-time, and my husband and I would like to try to have our own baby in the next year or so.....would like to be in the best shape possible by then. I lost my job in June, and although I've been able to go to the gym more, I'm also eating WAY more (I think out of boredom/mild depression over the layoff.) I have not had any luck sticking to the calorie recommendation on this site though, and I'm getting frustrated!! I eat healthy meals (oatmeal/fruit/nuts for breakfast, soup/salad for lunch, balanced dinner), but I'm constantly hungry (I have a naturally high metabolism and have always had to eat every hour or so, or else I get dizzy/lightheaded.) It's snacks that are killing my calorie count.....have tried water, but it doesn't satisfy the hunger pangs. I've also been chewing Extra's new gum (Dessert Delights....love the Strawberry Shortcake!) but that only holds me off for about 20 minutes or so. Any suggestions/thoughts? I'd love to be a support/motivation partner for anyone who is interested!! :)
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The only difference is age! I turn 40 next month. I'm 5'2" and from ages 25 to 38 I was around 120-122 lbs. with very, very bad eating habits. Well, I guess my habits caught up with me in November 2008. I got laid off and started seeing the scale keep creep up. A year later I was almost 140! I managed to get that down to 134 basically by not eating all day. Then I got sick and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (in August) and told to cut out sugar, fats, flours - you know, all the good stuff! I am a sugar addict. I dropped down to 125 during this time - I was really sick. When I started feeling better I started eating healthy and walking (occasionally - maybe 4 days per week) I watched my weight go back up to 130. I'm in the upper range of a normal BMI but I would like to lose 10-15 pounds. I now do strength training along with the treadmill. Still around 4-5 days a week. My treadmill routines are about 30-40 minutes at the most. The scale has barely moved but my clothes are fitting better. I'm at 128 now. I've only been on this site for a week but I like how you can track everything. I've yet to connect with anyone on the site.
    i just turned 40 this year, but have been on an upward trajectory for the past 3 with my weight, due to a number of factors. right now, can't work out well as i've been injured, but getting back to it soon (hopefully!!- just waiting on doctors orders!!). in any case, feel free to friend me. seems as if we're in the same spot +/- 5-10 lbs: ) dl