Need to add a friend for motivation

Options
I am trying to diet again and really want to stick with it this time. I used my fitness pal and lost 14 pounds but started a new job where they had free soda, food runs, and pot lucks for the littlest of occasions. I gained it all back. So I am trying hard and I'm hoping that if I add someone on here we can track each other progress. I can be a bit competitive and that will help. It will also motivate me to do better if I know someone is going to catch me slip up. Any encouragement or critique will help and I need to lose 70 more pounds to get to my goal weight of 154 and be in a normal BMI range.

Replies

• DJEliteFitness
    DJEliteFitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome goal Patricia! I have a friend who just lost 70 pounds recently I will tell her about your goal and she might be a good friend for support. I will be your friend too! I am attempting to loss 16 pounds in the next little few weeks so if you are competitive that might help both of us!
  • patriciahutchinson89
    Options
    Thank you, any support help. I don't work out Thursdays and Saturday, so not over eating on those days are the hardest because I only get 1270 calories
  • mandmwindhorst
    Options
    I need to lose 40, I'll be a fitness buddy! Pass some of your competitive spirit my way, it is so hard doing this alone, ugh, and the patience game. I'm going to try really hard to stick to my goals this time. :-)
  • evelyn7869
    evelyn7869 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way too go.....I, myself am trying to reach my BMI range which is easier said then done. I have about 50 lbs. to lose. I am not a competive individual. However, you may motivated me to keep going because as they say I didn't gain the wait over night so it will take some time to lose it. My biggest down fall would be at my job (healthfield) where the reps are ALWAYS bring food (may I add not healthy choice) which tends me to pick at it and then I feel discouraged and give up.
  • waterlillie1016
    waterlillie1016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Patricia:

I have about 67 to 70 lbs to lose myself. I am just starting out. I would love for you to friend me. The more support that we all have, the healthier that we can all become. I am only permitted 1200 calories. I travel with my job, which makes it hard for me. This week I am going to take a cooler with me and hope it helps me to eat healthy. I do not use the word "diet." Diet is a bad word to me, because it usually mean that I will give up once I come close to my goal. For me this needs to be a lifestyle change.
    I look forward to seeing your request and anyone else who needs support or believes that they may be a good support system for myself. I believe in teamwork and we all help each other.
  • patriciahutchinson89
    Options
    You are talking to the queen of no patience! I get scolded on it all the time. So I will be more than happy to add you
  • patriciahutchinson89
    Options
    Way too go.....I, myself am trying to reach my BMI range which is easier said then done. I have about 50 lbs. to lose. I am not a competive individual. However, you may motivated me to keep going because as they say I didn't gain the wait over night so it will take some time to lose it. My biggest down fall would be at my job (healthfield) where the reps are ALWAYS bring food (may I add not healthy choice) which tends me to pick at it and then I feel discouraged and give up.

I hate that, especially the smell. Whenever we have a pot luck I nearly go crazy and here I am with bland tasting soup. I hope you reach your goal and will try to keep an eye out, each step of the way
  • patriciahutchinson89
    Options
    Hi Patricia:

I have about 67 to 70 lbs to lose myself. I am just starting out. I would love for you to friend me. The more support that we all have, the healthier that we can all become. I am only permitted 1200 calories. I travel with my job, which makes it hard for me. This week I am going to take a cooler with me and hope it helps me to eat healthy. I do not use the word "diet." Diet is a bad word to me, because it usually mean that I will give up once I come close to my goal. For me this needs to be a lifestyle change.
    I look forward to seeing your request and anyone else who needs support or believes that they may be a good support system for myself. I believe in teamwork and we all help each other.

You are right, for me it is a life style change, I want this to be forever. I don't have kids but how can I break the cycle if I'm eating chips for breakfast. I tell myself I'll worry about when I actually have kids but what if I can't? What's going to stop me then from getting Mc Donalds for dinner if I don't have that mentality. Not to mention all the cute clothes that seem to only come in medium. I also hate dreading stairs, I want all of this to go away!
  • katadams36
    Options
    I will help motivate you. You can and WILL accomplish your goal!!!