Fighting those last 20 lbs

Options
Hiya! My name is Alyson. I've known about this site for quite sometime, and even though I only now joined after years of browsing through the forums, I'm happy to be here!

Let's see. I was 227 lbs about two years ago, but for the last year or so I've been stuck at around 130 lbs. However, over the course of five months, I gained 12 lbs. I really love food; cooking it, talking about it, and yes from what we can see, eating it as well.

I'm planning on bucking down and staying away from all the junk I let consume me over the past several months and hope that I'll reach my goal of being 120 lbs by mid Spring/early Summer :)

Replies

• bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey Alyson!! Congrats on that huge weight loss; that's amazing!!! I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds so it seems like we have a similar goal. I'd love to be one of your mfp friends and support you with eating less junk and getting to your ultimate goal weight! (My UGW is actually 120 as well haha!!) Feel free to send a FR my way. :smile:
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm also stuck in the "last 20 lbs" zone. I stick to my 1200 calories per day the best I can but I go over sometimes (rarely go under by very much). This same process caused me to lose my initial 25 pounds but of course now that I weigh less, that same strategy is not working. This muffin top is killing me. I'm tired of looking at my old and new clothes in the closet that are too small. :mad:

I'm starting to think I either need to really crack down and stick to 1200 every single day (no cheat days) or lower my intake of carbs. By looking at the MFP pie chart, I don't eat enough fat but my protein is usually close (but could be better) and my carbs are always over. I love putting granola in my yogurt and I think that's my carb downfall. I'm wondering if I reduce the amount of granola if I will start losing again, but it's hard!

I don't want to exercise right now, so that's out for the moment. I'm sure I can do this by calories alone and I really didn't want to have to start worrying about types of sugar, carbs, etc, but it looks like I might finally have to! Any advice from anyone who's had success with losing their last 20 by counting calories alone?