walking

Options
Please help. I went shopping today I did about 5 hours of walking. At a moderate pace as I push a pushchair. I entered it as my exercise under walking moderate pace for 4 hours. Would this be correct ? :/ x

Replies

• Brendajo510
    Options
    This is kind of impossible to answer. You can enter that but only you know how hard you pushed your body and the amount of calories burned can depend on a number of factors (your weight in included). MFP offers some options but these really shouldn't be considered accurate. If you want to start to measure these items more accurately, you could purchase an HRM but nothing is perfect. Personally, I recommend that you can enter in the database but I wouldn't eat back all of the calories. Maybe half if that. But this is just my opinion.
  • mroliver1980
    mroliver1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd not bother entering it into the database. Unless you didn't stop moving once (trying things on, walking very slowly, browsing through a store) it's very unlikely that you put in a great deal of exertion.

A good rule of thumb is to stick to your allotted calories regardless of exercise levels, unless you're doing something significant like a hike, run etc etc.