30 Day Shred question

Options
I have a quick question about the 30 day shred. Everything I've read says to only do strength training every other day, and yet Jillian pushes you to do the shred every single day - is that safe? I know people talk about great results, I'm just wondering why this is an exception for the "skip a day" strength training rule. Is it because it's mixed in with cardio, and not a full strength workout? I'm really enjoying it so far, just curious. Thanks for anyone with an answer or more info!

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Here it is from a personal trainer and having done the shred. If your using weights and you are and your doing a full body workout which you are do it everyother day. Do cardio on everyother day you do shred or do banish fat boost matabolism which is a great dvd she has out as well which is a cardio dvd using your own body weight.
  • MelissaBethAnn
    MelissaBethAnn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ive always heard its good to let your body rest for a day ... i attempted the 30 day shred but im not as discplined to do dvd workout like i am at a gym ... but from what i remember its a mixture of everything ... if you can do it every day then thats awesome i couldnt ... heck after the first 5 min of me trying it i was out of breath :lol but my opinion is that its good to give your body a break in between.
  • ambercole
    Options
    I've done the 30 day shred in the past and did it everyday. It is a very easy workout with super light weights so you should be fine. if you are doing an intense workout though you should skip a day inbetween.
  • ConstanceM80
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred and loved it! I did it every other day and cardio in between. I lost a lot of weight and toned! I should put that DVD in again!
  • kvns83
    kvns83 Posts: 29
    Options
    My mom's a personal trainer, but I didn't inherit the same love for exercise as she did...but ayway, I started doing it everyday and my mom told me every other with cardio in between. I've done different levels back to back with light weight and was fine tho. Find what works for you but if you aren't very heavy on the weight than you should be fine either way.