Is my belly massive?

Options
I've taken a picture of my stomach as I'm going to start a continuous routine of cardio & strength training and then see the differences in a month.

Now:
http://i39.tinypic.com/mb4q9s.jpg

Weight Now: 142lbs
Height: 5'5"
Goal Weight: 135lbs

Replies

• Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    No it's not massive at all.
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

It's the hardest bit to lose and it has gone down too (was 161lbs first), but when I wear clothes that fit well - my belly is the thing that sticks out and looks horrible.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Agreed! just go ahead with your plan of strength training, cardio and a calorie deficit and you will see the results you want.
  • Jkn921
    Options
    Agreed! just go ahead with your plan of strength training, cardio and a calorie deficit and you will see the results you want.

Thanks - do you think a loss of 7lbs (hopefully my last ones to go) will give the results I want? Not spot-reducing but my lower half and arms are already thin and toned...my belly seems to be the only thing left
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Looks fine.

There's no way to know if a loss of 7lbs will give you the look you want without you trying it. There is no way for anyone to know if your body will take it from you stomach or anywhere else. Give it a try and see if you like the results.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Thanks - do you think a loss of 7lbs (hopefully my last ones to go) will give the results I want? Not spot-reducing but my lower half and arms are already thin and toned...my belly seems to be the only thing left

It is more an issue of maintaining LBM whilst lowering your BF% so strength training and getting the adequate macros are one of your best avenues...remember the number on the scale is just a number, it is the way you look, feel and perform that matter at this stage I think.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069278-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-6
  • MythicOil90
    Options
    No! My god you carry weight well, I'm 5'5 and 126lbs and my belly looks like yours!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    your belly is tiny. minscule even

don't forget that you view yourself from the worst possible angle, i.e. from right above the belly, where the fat looks a lot bigger than how it looks in the mirror. Go for it with the healthy eating and strength training for health reasons (especially maintaining or increasing lean mass and bone density, but you don't actually need to lose that tiny weeny bit of fat from your belly to look great, because you already look great and very slim.
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not massive at all! But you say it sticks out in clothing?
    Core work! Even if you aren't on a calorie defecit building up the abdominal muscles will allow your stomach to hold itself in, and improve your posture. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yes, it's huge, the biggest anyone has ever seen .
  • Jkn921
    Options

This seriously wasn't a joke-question, I think it is big not specifically in the morning but at night, it tends to stick out and is embarassing to wear in skinnier clothes that can fit the rest of my body but my stomach sticks out.
  • Jkn921
    Options
    your belly is tiny. minscule even

don't forget that you view yourself from the worst possible angle, i.e. from right above the belly, where the fat looks a lot bigger than how it looks in the mirror. Go for it with the healthy eating and strength training for health reasons (especially maintaining or increasing lean mass and bone density, but you don't actually need to lose that tiny weeny bit of fat from your belly to look great, because you already look great and very slim.

Thanks but the belly is what keeps me from wearing slimmer clothes (size 16-size 12 now).
    No! My god you carry weight well, I'm 5'5 and 126lbs and my belly looks like yours!

i had a bigger belly than that (I think) - my stomach has always been big from what I can remember. I've never been a 'slim' person really. Right now there's massive changes in my arms, thighs especially and legs - they all look great and toned. It's my belly and whenever I put a little weight on (I'm fluctuating between a pound or two, it goes straight to my face - Xmas holidays).
    It is more an issue of maintaining LBM whilst lowering your BF% so strength training and getting the adequate macros are one of your best avenues...remember the number on the scale is just a number, it is the way you look, feel and perform that matter at this stage I think.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069278-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-6

I'm not too worried about the scale anymore. I've also been adding strength training to give myself a new challenge as before I mainly did kickboxing cardio. I'll check those links thanks.
    Looks fine.

There's no way to know if a loss of 7lbs will give you the look you want without you trying it. There is no way for anyone to know if your body will take it from you stomach or anywhere else. Give it a try and see if you like the results.

Will have to try and see it works out :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

This seriously wasn't a joke-question, I think it is big not specifically in the morning but at night, it tends to stick out and is embarassing to wear in skinnier clothes that can fit the rest of my body but my stomach sticks out.

ok but you realize that you're coming to a site where there are numerous people some with hundreds of pounds to lose, right? asking if your belly is massive in that context when your goal weight is 7 pounds from where you are now, IMO deserves a "c'mon now" type response.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

ok but you realize that you're coming to a site where there are numerous people some with hundreds of pounds to lose, right? asking if your belly is massive in that context when your goal weight is 7 pounds from where you are now, IMO deserves a "c'mon now" type response.
    No it doesn't, just because you have more to lose doesn't make TS's journey to her better body/lifestyle invalid.

Lose the attitude.
  • Jkn921
    Options

That's not really fair I've worked incredibly hard since February to lose the weight I did and am not going to not post what I want to ask which was a genuine question because other people have more to lose. Like I said, my belly is what I'm not happy with completely and needs work on.
  • TANSHIHJEN
    Options
    focus on resistant training, build up muscle to eat away ur belly. cardio is not vy effective way to get rid belly. i used to do it after lifting and only 10-15mins~ control carbs intake, u can have it after postworkout. protein can fight ur craving! good luck and never give up!
  • Jkn921
    Options
    focus on resistant training, build up muscle to eat away ur belly. cardio is not vy effective way to get rid belly. i used to do it after lifting and only 10-15mins~ control carbs intake, u can have it after postworkout. protein can fight ur craving! good luck and never give up!

is cardio and strength training combined useful?
  • Jkn921
    Options

I saw that and thanks for your previous reply
  • Jkn921
    Options
    bumping the topic

I'm really confused I have people telling me to stop cardio and some saying it burns fat off. Then strength training on top of that. I've got fitness blender videos for both.

What exactly shall I do?

I have about 7lbs I want to lose... I'll see if the belly fat goes along with it or not

My original plan is: Healthy healthy at a small deficit and strength training/cardio combined: x4 per week for about 2.5 months to see how far I get.