Visual motivation trial

Options
I thought I would try a little visual motivation, I have 50lbs to lose so have bought 50 bags of flour (poor Tesco delivery man wondered what on earth I was up to haha) and have stacked them on my feature wall in the kitchen. Having marked each one with the 1lb of weight they represent, I will remove a bag for each pound I lose. Very visual for each time I creep to the fridge/biscuit/cake tin for a cheat! What do you think? x

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an idea! :smile: Some people use bags of sugar, easier to remove them bit by bit, but whatever works for you!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I think it's an interesting idea and I think it could work. It would certainly seem motivational to have to dodge a pile of flour sacks all the time, and to watch it shrink - but I think I would have bought something more useful than flour LOL. If I bought 50lb of flour I'd never use it all! Although I just thought of this, as you remove each bag representing each pound, you could donate it to a local food pantry! That'd be kind of cool.
  • lsirelan
    lsirelan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love Phrick's idea about donating! Great thought to help others while you are helping yourself!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    That is just AWESOME!! :)
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I like it!
    That´s a great idea. I wrote with a non permanent pen my current weight in the bathroom so everytime I go into the bathroom I see my current weight and get reminded that I have to keep doing this.

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3493/gi6joml7_jpg.htm
  • CherylCalmConfidentCapable
    Options
    I think it's an interesting idea and I think it could work. It would certainly seem motivational to have to dodge a pile of flour sacks all the time, and to watch it shrink - but I think I would have bought something more useful than flour LOL. If I bought 50lb of flour I'd never use it all! Although I just thought of this, as you remove each bag representing each pound, you could donate it to a local food pantry! That'd be kind of cool.

Phrick

What an absolutley fabulous idea, I will definatley do this. I had tried to think of what I could purchase that would not be wasted/thrown away after the fact but it came down to cost the end. Had I thought about it, I could have purchased 50 tins of something, each representing the pound of weight to lose. Thank you for the idea though and I hope others considering this visual will bear your suggestion in mind. :bigsmile:

I like it!
    That´s a great idea. I wrote with a non permanent pen my current weight in the bathroom so everytime I go into the bathroom I see my current weight and get reminded that I have to keep doing this.

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3493/gi6joml7_jpg.htm

JojoEffeckt16

This a fabulous idea too, although I dont tend to eat in the bathroom haha, the 1 safe room in the house but I suppose looking at the weight whilst brushing my teeth will sure set me in the right frame of mind for the day, I shall do this too :happy:
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a great idea!

Best of luck :)
  • lottichar
    lottichar Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic idea! I've read about things similar such as marbles in jars, which I've never felt would work for me, but to have objects that physically weigh the same as the amount of loss sounds so motivating. I wish I had the living space to do the same.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My sister started doing this one (space saver)
    Weight+Loss+Jars.jpg
  • Blanca815
    Blanca815 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My sister started doing this one (space saver)
    Weight+Loss+Jars.jpg

I love this idea! Going to steal it