BLOGILATES

Options
Anyone familiar with Cassy Ho and Blogilates? I will be starting her beginners calendar in January. What tips do you have for new people using her videos and what do you like about her? Also any tips for someone who will be starting to clean up their eating habits for the first time?

Replies

• loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I just started the beginners calendar. It's lots of fun :) Cassey is really upbeat and friendly which can really help when you're wanting to throw in the towel. All I've been doing is following the calendar as described, drinking a cup of green tea every morning plus loads of water, and generally just trying to make sure I make better choices. Choices like methods of cooking (grilled vs fried), choosing smaller portion sizes, and trying not to snack through the day. I'm still trying to find out what works for me but I'll get there. I'm on day 4 of the calendar and I already feel better inside and out.

Good luck :)
  • MrsJS5
    MrsJS5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cassey is really motivating and positive! I think her videos are really tough - tougher than most. She has lots of great information on her website.

Good luck!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining and I'm still a big fan of Cassey Ho.

I really like that her many of her workouts are on the shorter side (after the intros/outros) so it's easy for me to add in one of her workouts at the end of another workout. Some advice I have to pass along is do what you can. She tends to do a lot or reps really fast. Go slower in the beginning if you need to and build up your strength. Next, and most importantly stay consistent and follow the calendar.

Regarding your diet make sure you are monitoring your calories. Use an online calorie calculator and plug in your stats to get info on what calorie intake should be to lose fat.

Good luck!
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    I've been following Cassey since 2012 and absolutely love her! It's great that she puts together a workout calendar that's full of different things so you never get bored. Don't get me wrong - I love Jillian Michaels' 30DS and P90X, but so many of the moves are repetitive after a while. Cassey's videos are always different, and her themed workouts (like the Hunger Games one) make working out fun! She doesn't mess around either - it's fun, but the workouts will definitely make you sore!