When did you and other start seeing the results?

Options
Hey guys,

So I'm on day 5 of the diet and I know that it will be a long journey but wanted to know how much weight did you lose before people started noticing and also when you noticed a change yourself?

x

Replies

• harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    One or two weeks and the scale moved in the right direction! It's not just your weight, clean eating boosts your energy level and your nails, skin and hair look strong and shiny.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I noticed around 10 lbs that my pants were looser. I didn't see any significant change in myself until about 20-25 lbs. And other people started noticing my weight loss around 28-30 lbs.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I noticed after the first month and others started to notice after about 4 months.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    It took about 7 weeks for me to start to lose, although there really hasn't been any noticeable difference - I haven't gone down a size yet. My husband said he notices it in my face, but no one else has noticed yet. Although it is winter and most of the people I see regularly are at the bus stop or on our walks, and we're all bundled up.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I had a lot to lose so no one really noticed until I lost about 40lbs. I noticed my clothes getting to big around 15lbs. Looking at myself in the mirror I didn't see a difference until 65lbs or so.
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I noticed changes within the first 10 pounds lost. Others started noticing at about the 3/4 month mark...about 30 lbs lost
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I noticed at 10 lb loss....loose waist
    Others noticed after 15.
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    It took some people only 7lbs in to notice a change in me whereas it's taken over 40lbs for some people to notice! Depends on how often they see you I suppose. I can't remember at what point I started to notice but I didn't notice for a while and I still have days where I think there isn't much difference when there is.
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    I had my Advocare trainer tell me the 4, 8, 12 guide. It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change, 8 weeks for friends, and 12 weeks for everybody else. Sure enough, at 4 weeks I noticed inches and weight, 8 weeks family started asking if I lost weight, and at 12 weeks I would notice people looking at me. I think at 12 weeks, it was really the confidence I gained that made people look. Good luck and remember, it isn't a diet, it really is a life style change.
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I noticed around 10 lbs, my clothing was loose and baggy. My husband noticed around 10 lbs. Around 20lbs others started noticing. around 20 lbs is when I had to go down a size in my clothing.

I suggest taking measurements and photos every month. Wear the same outfit every time to help you see a difference (form fitting is best), you will see your progress every month. I cannot wait to see the final results, because thus far it is pretty awesome to see the difference from when I started to now.
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    It takes me about a month to start noticing real changes!! I just try to take it day by day... 1 day at a time and it doesn't seem so stressful :O)
  • balletpolegirl
    balletpolegirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I noticed it in my face within a couple of weeks, and now 6lb and 6 weeks down the line my mum has just commented that I look less plump.

I guess it depends on how much you have to lose and whether you're exercising or not and what type of exercising you're doing.
  • slimfor2015
    Options
    I had my Advocare trainer tell me the 4, 8, 12 guide. It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change, 8 weeks for friends, and 12 weeks for everybody else. Sure enough, at 4 weeks I noticed inches and weight, 8 weeks family started asking if I lost weight, and at 12 weeks I would notice people looking at me. I think at 12 weeks, it was really the confidence I gained that made people look. Good luck and remember, it isn't a diet, it really is a life style change.

I love that! I'm going to see if this rings true when I get there :)
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    3 weeks, 8 lbs, and my "fat pants" could be removed w/o unfastening.
  • TommyJensen1987
    Options
    I guess it was a little less than a month before I noticed I pants were a little less tight, but the scale moved almost right away - as you would expect it to do if you eat at a deficit.