I slept almost 12 hours!!!

Options
Now don't hate...... Thursdays are my days where I get to do whatever I want. I usually throw an intense workout in the mix, relax, read current events in the world, take an extra long bath, etc. Well I had a workout plan this morning with my sis, and she couldn't make it, so I thought I grab a few more hours, get up, and then hit the gym. Instead of a couple hours I slept an additional 6 hours!

Now I know, if I'm sleeping I'm not eating, but also if I'm sleeping I'm not working out like I wanted too! Now there is still several more hours in the day to sweat, but I can't believe I slept that long. My diet has been very good (::knocking on wood::) but I havn't gotten the exercise I wanted to in. I feel like if I don't work out in the morning I have a hard time squeezing it in somewhere else.

I'm not going to be too hard on myself because obviously I needed the rest, but has this happened to anyone else?!?

Replies

• tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Daily!!!! When I don't set an alarm, my body's natural sleep pattern is 12 hours. :) Don't feel bad at all . . . your body knows what is best for you.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Take the sleep when you can get it! Obviously, your body needed it!
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it while you can. I would swap you any time.......it's better to have the odd long sleep then be sleep deprived most of the time. :smile:
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Much agreed. Your body knows. :smile:

Resting up is a good thing. I think sometimes in today's world, we all just do too much too fast and get drained.
    The body needs time and rest to rebuild itself. Take it as a blessing you had that time.

I've felt guilty before too, if I've slept too long. But then I realize it was because I'd been sick or stressed or running around day after day and wearing myself down. Bring out the positive :flowerforyou:

You Cool! You Cool! :smile:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I've had that problem all week. My problem is that I work 3rd shift. I am a light sleeper so the smallest noise wakes me up. Summer wasn't so bad because my husband did a lot of work in the yard that did not bother me. Now with the colder weather he's inside and making noise. I put in for a transfer 2 weeks ago. I start 2nd shift Monday. Hopefully my sleep patterns will get back to normal.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I.. Am.. So.. Jealous..

Haha. Rarrrely do I have a day that I don't have to get up for work or clinical and can sleep as late as my body will let me.

If I did, I'd probably sleep for 18 hours and not feel guilty about it whatsoever. :)
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i took a nap last week. i guess that was close to 10 hours with my regular nightly rest. hey if the body wants to sleep, let it. it's so much smarter than we are and knows what it needs.
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Since it got cold, Ive been going to bed 7:30-8 and sleeping until 7-7:30 am.
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    Now don't hate...... Thursdays are my days where I get to do whatever I want. I usually throw an intense workout in the mix, relax, read current events in the world, take an extra long bath, etc. Well I had a workout plan this morning with my sis, and she couldn't make it, so I thought I grab a few more hours, get up, and then hit the gym. Instead of a couple hours I slept an additional 6 hours!

Now I know, if I'm sleeping I'm not eating, but also if I'm sleeping I'm not working out like I wanted too! Now there is still several more hours in the day to sweat, but I can't believe I slept that long. My diet has been very good (::knocking on wood::) but I havn't gotten the exercise I wanted to in. I feel like if I don't work out in the morning I have a hard time squeezing it in somewhere else.

I'm not going to be too hard on myself because obviously I needed the rest, but has this happened to anyone else?!?
    im the opposite.... when i cant sleep in i want to and when i can im up early................
    and i wake up several times a night. :( even with working out and busy days
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    <
    jealous!!!
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I totally slept almost as long as well. It feels sooo nice to wake up slowly, stretch a bit, and then leisurely go about my day. Mmmmm sleep.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous. I have a one year old with a double ear infection so I'm not getting much sleep these days!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Yes, I have had that before, even though I have woken up, I have dropped right off back to sleep again.

You obviously needed the sleep and it was the perfect, perfect opportunity for you to be able to do that too! Perhaps you were slightly under the weather but didn't realise it, your body would have know though.

Hope you feel raring to go tomorrow!