Nutrition help to see if I'm on the right track

Options
This has been my diet plan for the last few days and I just wanted to know if it's alright. I need 1700 kcals or less to lose 1lb a week, I want to lose fat obviously not muscle. I do weights and cardio around 5 days a week also.

Breakfast
Pharma whey protein drink 50g. 190cals

Lunch
Chicken breast 170g. 320cals
Plain tortilla wrap. 182cals
Light mayonnaise uk 15g. 40cals

Dinner
Chicken breast 170g. 320cals
Plain tortilla wrap. 182cals
Light mayonnaise uk 15g. 40cals

Snacks
Cashew kernel nuts 25g. 149cals
Pharma whey protein drink 50g. 190cals

Total cals. 1653cals
Protein/carbs/fat. 253/85/39

Any advice and tips. Ideas on what to add to boost a certain macro would be great, again aim is to lose fat and keep muscle. My body fat is 25% and I'm 182 lbs, 5ft 11inchs. 25 years old, male.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What do you have against fruits & veggies? Your diet looks incredibly boring too, but that's a whole other issue.
  • kieranmccurley
    kieranmccurley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat stuff like broccoli, but I'm trying to keep my sugars down so that's why I'm not having much fruit.
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just glancing at it, you are going to get tired of eating chicken breast. No veggies....you can easily steam or roast them and there are ways to incorporate fruits. Naturally occurring sugars are vastly different than heaps of white sugar. Keep that in mind. You need more variety I would say.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I would eat my arm after a week of that. Just saying.
  • Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My general fun rule of thumb... you need more colour in your diet!

Fruits, Veggies. Not just the green ones, but the red ones (beets, radishes, raspberries, apples), yellow (lemons, yellow bell peppers), orange (carrots, oranges), etc.

For lean proteins, fish is another great option.
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You need more variety in what you eat if you want to be able to sustain this style of eating long term. Look for different ways of cooking your meat (add various spices and seasonings), eat a variety of veggies and fruits (they're good for you, even though they have naturally occurring sugar).