I'm 10 stone and 5ft4.5. How long to lose 2 stone????

Options
I'm going on holiday on june 20th this year an i want to lose 2 stone desperately. From Jan 8th, I will be joining a gym and i plan to burn eat 1400 calories and burn 800 at the gym, 5 days a week. Will i be able to lose 2 stone by june

Please help me

Replies

• lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I lost 28 pounds in just over six months using the 5:2 way of eating. Maintaining well now.
  • jhiggi83
    jhiggi83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you loose 2 lbs a week then it would take 14 weeks
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    So you're 140lbs and want to lose 28lbs in roundly 24 weeks.

Are you planning to eat back your exercise calories? Effectively consuming 2200 calories per day?
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    why do you feel like you need to be 8 stone? that is at the very low end of the healthy range for your height. you are already at a healthy weight. do you dislike the way you look? you can try to build muscle instead of lose weight.
  • wheird
    Options
    why do you feel like you need to be 8 stone? that is at the very low end of the healthy range for your height. you are already at a healthy weight. do you dislike the way you look? you can try to build muscle instead of lose weight.

I'm guessing high school senior who wants to look good on her senior trip or for the summer.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I forget setting my own calories and use MFP to do it. I set in the deficit I want (-1000 is 2 lb a week) and then load all of my exercise into it. I then try and balance my macros (carb's, protein and fat) . When I do more exercise MFP adjusts the numbers for me. If I am running out of calories and feel the need to hit the deficit I can go and burn some. As long as I book everything accurately I know how much weight I am going to lose (and it works a treat) :-)
  • secretnerd123
    Options
    I lost 28 pounds in just over six months using the 5:2 way of eating. Maintaining well now.

Hey can you tell me more about that diet please??
  • secretnerd123
    Options

I would just feel a lot better if i was at that weight because i currently hate how my body looks now :(
  • secretnerd123
    Options

Are you planning to eat back your exercise calories? Effectively consuming 2200 calories per day?

I want to consume 1400 calories
  • secretnerd123
    Options
    If you loose 2 lbs a week then it would take 14 weeks

How can i lose 2 pounds a week consistently?
  • wheird
    Options

That would mean you are netting 600 calories. That is dangerously low.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

She already got banned once for such aspirations. :ohwell:
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Hey can you tell me more about that diet please??

Eat normally (around 2000 calories for 5 days a week then the other 2 days (that don't have to be consecutive) eat 500 calories for women or 600 calories for men). It worked for me and I've never felt better!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

And might be again. Isn't that the second post she made too?

Oh and I lost 28 lbs in 6 months eating 1600 a day with pretty light exercise (lifting weights 3x a week and walking 30 minutes a day). Of course I still have 10 lbs to lose though, easily.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months I was 10st 7 and 5ft 2. You want a nice gradual loss, and I found that it was very slow at first but then all of a sudden it just dropped off near the 4month mark.
    Don't freak about slashing your calories to the bone to lose it immediately - that will be harder in the long run and do more harm than good. Aim for about 1500 cals (but it is worth getting your own figures based on your own stats) and eat back your calories. Allow yourself treats here and there and going over every now and then is ok. I find it actually confuses my body into losing weight (or not gaining anyway).
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    set your mfp goals to lose 1lb a week, and eat back half of your exercise calories
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    At 10 stone and 5'5 I don't see how you can lose 2 stone so fast, without being ill. I'm 5'6 and was 11 stone and looked fine. I would've liked to have lost a few more lbs and toned up a bit, but if I'd got to 10 stone I'd have looked skinny. Obviously you could have a totally different build to me.

Just exercise and eat healthily. I'd focus on strength training. If it's for a holiday you want to look more toned. At your height and weight I doubt you look fat.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

I'm guessing high school senior who wants to look good on her senior trip or for the summer.

I'm guessing she's English which is why she's using stones as a measurement.
  • secretnerd123
    Options

And might be again. Isn't that the second post she made too?

Oh and I lost 28 lbs in 6 months eating 1600 a day with pretty light exercise (lifting weights 3x a week and walking 30 minutes a day). Of course I still have 10 lbs to lose though, easily.

Do you think i should eat 1600 calories like yourself and burn 600 at the gym?
  • secretnerd123
    Options
    It took me about 6 months I was 10st 7 and 5ft 2. You want a nice gradual loss, and I found that it was very slow at first but then all of a sudden it just dropped off near the 4month mark.
    Don't freak about slashing your calories to the bone to lose it immediately - that will be harder in the long run and do more harm than good. Aim for about 1500 cals (but it is worth getting your own figures based on your own stats) and eat back your calories. Allow yourself treats here and there and going over every now and then is ok. I find it actually confuses my body into losing weight (or not gaining anyway).

So i should eat 1500 and burn 500?