Crossfit and Weight lifting-meet new friends

Options
Hi, I am looking to meet new friends , women who love to crossfit and lift heavy weights . I am 44 year old female.

Replies

• JulieKKhoury
    Options
    Hi, i started crossfit 6 months ago. I'm 36 and I lift heavy! ;) - my username is Julika05 .. add me! :)
  • labgeekj80
    labgeekj80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started crossfit this past September and absolutely LOVE it! Add me if you would like :)
  • jcrooks85
    Options
    I crossfit and love to lift heavy as well. I am a 28 year old female. Please add me. I just started a blog, and I am trying to find people to help motivate me.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am looking to meet new friends , women who love to crossfit and lift heavy weights . I am 44 year old female.

cross fit is not lifting !!!
  • chatty826
    Options
    Woohoo joined CF Jan 7th last year been away from it for six months because Im volunteering outside the country but been lifting and doing metcons here. Add me :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    pick me pick me.

i lift heavy. used to belong to a crossfit box but it got too expensive but i will sometimes steal their WOD and do them in my cheaper gym :devil:
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I started crossfit 5 weeks ago although my personal trainer would give me crossfitty workouts here and there. I've been lifting heavy for the last 10 months. Feel free to add me.
  • chatty826
    Options

cross fit is not lifting !!!

Actually crossfit combines lifting and Metcons...my cf gym and most have two portions to the workout a strength portion which is lifting and then a metcon which may contain lifting....get your facts straight.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    No cross fit (my body can't take the impact--bummer), but I've lifted heavy for a long time, on and off. Most recently, on for two years! Add me! :)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I do a Crossfit style boot camp. A Crossfit trainer comes to where I work and brings as much stuff as he can, but its not the full shebang! ! Its still a killer workout though!! I do it about 2 days a week!! I love it!!
  • tracymacnab
    tracymacnab Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tracy. I don't do crossfit but my trainer (that I use on and off ) does, so frequently my workouts are very CF inspired. I do however life heavy and I love it. I started enjoying the OCR world last year and will be doing a few more this year. I will sometimes do the Spartan WOD's as well. Add me as a friend.....tracymacnab.
  • gaylejk
    gaylejk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    broox80, how do you log your workouts in mfp? I do something similar and don't know what to post it as.
  • Quackledorf
    Options
    I'm a crossfiter! feel free to add me for more support...crossfit is amazing, but can be tough, additional support is always great.
  • bekahjk
    bekahjk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love Crossfit and looking for some other like minded people to help push and inspire! Feel free to add me :)
  • Jenn842512
    Jenn842512 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a crossfit kinda girl, though I don't officially take the classes. I do anything and everything, but lifting is a regualr part of my routine. Maybe you could clear up some of my questions regarding crossfit myth vs. fact.

Most trainers I know say injuries are super common because of the shotgun style workouts recommendation (non-tailored)?
    I'm not one of those "i don't wanna get big" girls; I know I don't have that in my DNA. But I do like my cardio. What kind of endurance work do you do?