2014 is gonna be *MY* year!

Options
I'm starting over with renewed determination to lose this weight once and for all. I want to learn how to eat healthier, as the last couple years my diet has been horrendous. My daughter is almost 4 and thankfully so far a healthy weight and I want it to stay that way. I don't want her to grow up and go through what I did as an obese child. I'm lucky she eats pretty healthy and has only picked up a few of my bad habits, that will hopefully be easy to break. The breaking point was seeing a picture of myself from Christmas Day, sitting on the couch at my dads house. I look horrible and fat, and the kicker is that I was eating a sugar cookie in it. I look like a pig.
I've started a vegan lifestyle as if December 31st, and I love it. Here's to 2014, and the start of my weight loss journey to lose 80 lbs.

Replies

• Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    Good luck! I am right there with you. Especially since I will be 30 this year :-X

This will be my 2nd time losing weight {the first time was after I had my son 5yrs ago and gained 80lbs during that pregnancy}. I recently had my daughter and didn't gain AS much as the first time but none the less, still have weight to lose to get to my per-pregnancy weight {45lbs}, once I reach that im going to keep going on to my 2nd goal.
  • babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    In doing it for the second time as well. I gained 40 lbs when I was pregnant, and lost 75 after she was born, just in the first year. I've gained 50 lbs since march 2011. I was only 30 lbs away from my goal :/
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You can do ANYTHING you want to do!!! Stay true to yourself and that 80 lbs will be gone forever this year! One day at a time...one baby step at a time is what gets you there! Good luck!
  • erbell3
    erbell3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! The vegan lifestyle can be a huge adjustment, and very difficult to do in a healthy way. I think that it can be done, but takes lots of planning and preparation, otherwise you end up just substituting carbs for protein (not you specifically, the typical person starting out.) I found it a little easier to start out vegetarian and get comfortable with that, then transition to vegan, it's just a suggestion but you know yourself better than I do:).
  • janebegins
    janebegins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    2014 will be a great year! For me, I'm graduating college in December, so I want to look my best.

Your daughter must be great motivation! When she's older, you can tell her all about how you were able to do this and teach her that she's capable of doing anything she puts her mind to.

Going vegan is an amazing life change, just be sure that if you fall off the wagon, you hop right back on or make the necessary adjustments!

Take advantage of having a young child for exercise opportunities! I always love hanging out with my friends' kids because they always want to run around and play, and a walk to the park is a win-win!
  • tahippy
    tahippy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    2014 will be my year too!! I have lots of weight to loose, it will probably take the whole year, but I'm ready! Let's motivate each other!