Time to get back on track!

Hi! My name is Jen and currently living in the P'cola, FL area. I just retired from the military this past year. Being in the military helped me maintain my weight and take care of myself. Well, since retiring in July, I have put on 15 lbs. Not happy.

So, it is time for me to get back on track and start taking care of myself like I already know how to do. I am trying to get back down to 155-160. At 5'9", I feel good at that weight and don't feel like a toothpick. I am 189 now.

I have always loved running and have even ran several half marathons. Due to some medical issues, running has become a little harder to do. My goal is to start walking, incorporate some running and strength training. Not good with gyms. Like to do things outside using own body weight. Looking for any suggestions or advice on doing this. I do have free access to the local base gym. I can work on my fear of using a gym.

Looking forward to reading about everyone's success and can also help motivate as well.

Replies

• jeanniemarie73
    jeanniemarie73 Posts: 41 Member
    Hi Jen, Im Jeannie!
    I'm 40yrs old, 5'2" and trying to lose 20lbs
    Im always looking for motivational friends. I did pretty good on this site on and off last year. But looking to finish it out this year. I also love to run, I run/walk using the jeff galloway method. I have run several 5k's and did the Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon last year. I had some issues with plantar faciitis over the summer but im back running again now slowly but surely. I also used to live in FL when we were stationed at Eglin AFB...LOVED it! Now am in AZ.
    Im doing a challenge called Bikini Body Mommy Challenge a new one starts tomorrow. You can find it on Facebook or google it. Its great Ive done it last year and felt so toned. My sister in Law did it and has lost 15 along with 1500 calories per day which I am doing too. You dont have to do it at the gym we do it at home!
    on cardio days I hit the Base Gym (I use the mommy room as I have to bring my son) I have been run walking (jeff galloway) 1 min run/1 min walk-repeat......I started back to running after taking 6 months off. the run/walk method is great!
    I will friend request you
  • jenlanand
    jenlanand Posts: 2 Member
    Jeannie- Thanks for the running advice. I am going try it. I will check out the Bikini Mommy challenge as well. Never heard of that one.

Thanks for the advice. ;.)