Not so Newbie wanting extra motivation and support :)

Options
Ive been counting now for six months. I was 267 pounds when I started and thanks to this app and my hard work I've cut down to 220. I hurt my back in October and quit counting consistently. Between that and work I was in a mess and down in the dumps. I am a teacher by trade. We go back to school soon and I have spent Christmas break getting back into the swing. My back is still not 100% but I have found my way back to the gym and am back to burning calories like I like to do. I am 5" 10" and want to get down to a my goal weight of 190 pounds by the summer or next fall. I would like to build up a friends list on here to see if I can use it to gain encouragement and tips from friends in a similar situation. My wife is tiny and my family is huge. Nobody I know relates to me because they are either in denial about their own food addictions or (in the case of my wife) are the type of people who just does not understand why it is so hard to stay skinny. Can anyone relate?

Replies

• timmer74
    timmer74 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I married into a skinny family so I know what you mean. :)
    Feel free to add me.
  • cjjgoodwin
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I stopped counting because of illness and have just re-started today with a short gym session and some sensible eating.