What to do when vomiting?

Options
Hello friends

This is my first time posting on the forum-so forgive me if someone has already asked a question like this!

Earlier today I think I over exerted myself when exercising, and it caused me to get sick. I had been finished my workout for about an hour, and had taken a bath before I got sick. I drank lots of water during my workout so I don't think It was caused by dehydration. I had only eaten a small breakfast before my workout and a very tiny snack after my workout, perhaps I should have had a bigger meal before hand.

My question: should I alter my calorie count in any way or avoid certain foods for the day?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Maybe coming up with stomach flu?
  • erinmccallum91
    erinmccallum91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maybe coming up with stomach flu?

Oh I hope not-but I have had a cold recently. Yikes, now would be an awful time to get sick
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You can discount everything you ate before throwing up.
  • DorothyR87
    Options
    You actually can't discount "everything." It would really depend on how long before you threw up that you ate the food. Personally, even if I throw it back up I still count it. I would rather underestimate than overestimate.
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said this yet: it's ONE day. Don't worry about calories. Eat whatever and however much or little you need in order to settle your stomach and feel better today. Forget about calories and worry about your health and well-being. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    eating before a workout makes me nauseous as does drinking too much water during a fasted workout, so yeah i would have puked too after doing what you did.

but really it could be that or anything else. you could be getting sick, maybe you ate something bad, maybe there was germs in the water bottle you sipped from, maybe you're pregnant, etc.

if you're feeling OK now then just go about your day as you normally would.
  • mrskatbevins
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said this yet: it's ONE day. Don't worry about calories. Eat whatever and however much or little you need in order to settle your stomach and feel better today. Forget about calories and worry about your health and well-being. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I completely agree.

Health before anything. I hope you feel better soon. and I also don't count what I throw up unless it's within 10 mins of me eating. Chances are if I am throwing up I don't feel well enough to care about the calories.
  • lizardvincent
    lizardvincent Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ....you puked and you're worried about counting calories?? Chill. Take care of your body. Rehydrate. If you were feeling sick during the workout you may be low on electrolytes, there are some energy drinks out there that will replenish your electrolytes without adding a lot of sugar and calories to your diet (e.g. Xtend intra-workout catalyst). I would also be careful about washing hands after working out at the gym, lots of sweaty people using the same machines--hope you're not sick!