new year, new me with mfp....take 2

Options
Hi, I'm Lori. I'm a 46 year old single mom. This is my second serious attempt to get fit with mfp. In 2011, I started the year here and did great. By july, with mfp and walking alone, I lost over 50 lbs. Then, in August, I had emergency gallbladder surgery (even tho I'd never felt any pain prior, I was blown away by an attack one morning and rushed to the hospital). I spent a month recovering physically but worse, I found I couldn't eat the way I had been. My digestion was way off and to a point, still is. A simple salad would have me in pain for an hour. I got discouraged and depressed and except for a few failed attempts; gave up til now. I still am down 12 lbs from my 2011 starting weight. Im taking that as a positive and moving forward . My bigger challenge this time is my schedule. I work a full week like before, but now I have a 1 1/2 - 2 hour commute on both ends of my day. Its going to be tough; but its going to work

Replies

• SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you want. I can definitely relate as I am a 43-year-old single mom with a full week and commute. I am starting again too. We can encourage each other!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am 56 and have a long commute was well. From Aug 2011 to Nov 2012 I lost 70 pounds and was below 200 for the first time in more than 15 years. At Thanksgiving of 2012 I fell off the nutrition wagon and stopped working out regularly. I have regained half of that. :sad: :noway: :explode: I am trying to get it right this time. I am lucky my commute is only 40-50 minutes each way. I usually work about 9 hours. I have workout equipment at home and belong to a gym but just don't have time or the energy to get there lately. I have largely been fighting the sugar monster the past year. When I am not eating sugar I lose quickly. Just can't seem to stop. I get two days in a row and slip up. Good luck whether you add me or not.
  • loricap
    loricap Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    48 and full time worker with a husband and a 4 and 6 year old and I have a small business.
    Time is so hard! I had to switch to short workouts - 30 minute DVDs - in the AM. I'm Not a morning person.

Glad to help if I can !
  • osteral
    osteral Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi Lori. I'm starting over again too. I don't work long hours but I do work strange, always changing shifts and can't seem to get and exercise routine to fit in. Add me if you like.
  • timmer74
    timmer74 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am on round 2 as well. For me it was a minor injury and a dash of laziness. Here's to better and longer results! All the best Lori!
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. Our stories are a bit similar. Posting my "re"introduction shortly.