Busy working Moms/Dads- lets support eachother

Options
Hi,

One of my biggest challenges is finding the time! 2 kiddos, my husband works night, and I work full time during the day. I'm looking for friends who face the same challenges as me. Im trying to wake up early to work out, but to be honest I'm not a morning person. Any support/motivation would be appreciated! I have about 80-90 pounds to lose, but am determined to get this weight off!

Replies

• LittleMissy30
    Options
    Hey,

Im a single mum to a 3 yr old, work full time and study! Looking for friends as just joined :)
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I have a 1 year old, almost 3 year old, and almost 5 year old. I'm still up at night with the baby so the last thing I want to do is wake up any earlier to work-out (the kids wake me up early enough!). I work 2 days a week and one evening a week, and I'm home with the kids the other days but they keep me very busy with activities and school. Right now I'm trying to just stick to my calories that MFP gives me and work-out when I can but I wish I could find a regular time to work-out that doesn't require me to wake up at 6 am or at 9:30 pm.
  • Solitaire69
    Options
    Hi, I have 3 Kids although 2 are about grown.up, work full time and partner works nights...add me if you like :-)
  • Kay2405
    Kay2405 Posts: 54
    Options
    *waves* hello :)

Both myself and my partner work and take care of our three year old daughter.

Feel free to add me and we can support/encourage each other.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Two kids 4 and 6 Husband, I work full time and a business.

I'm NOT a morning person BUT I have to do it. Its the only time I can be consistent. 30 minutes in the AM. I'm tired if I get up then or 30 minutes later. I actually have More energy in the day when I workout.

I just finished T25, the timing was great so I'm re-starting the second half
  • devodev44
    devodev44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi and you can go it!

I'm a dad of 5 with 4 being homeschooled, I work (with a relatively long commute) and have to prepare to teach a separate class outside of home/work.

Working out may be the only "me" time you get, but it's the best IMO and something I greatly look forward to every other day.
  • scout1345
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Single father of 3, in school full time and working part time. I'm knew to this program/site and I'm excited! I just want to wish everyone good luck and feel free to add me on here!
  • timmer74
    timmer74 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Working dad here. Finding time to get some exercise get be challenging. Add me if you feel you could use the extra motivation! :)
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I can't get myself up early in the morning either. My husband and I work opposite shifts mostly and we have three kids.
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42 year old working mom and so NOT a morning person...but the 14 YO now has to be to school by 7:35, so I'm getting up earlier than I used to. Hate it! I'm mom to 2 boys (10 and 14) with very busy schedules and married to a great guy with icky chronic illness. It leaves a lot on my shoulders much of the time. Doesn't help that I'm a TOTAL stress eater! Sigh....

So would love to connect with you guys! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • bbiggs84
    bbiggs84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom with a very active child. She is 6 and is in softball and gymnastics. I've gained a lot of weight from constantly eating on the go. My biggest problem is finding the time. Some support would be great.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Have three children under 10, work full-time, study and help out at my son's school. There's no way I'm getting up any earlier in the morning for exercise! I need all the sleep I can get...:yawn:

Feel free to add for mutual support and matchsticks for the eyes! :smile:
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    We both work full tie and have an overactive 5 year old (+ the usual school / life activities). Finding the time to workout is easy....staying motivated and strong enough to go get it....there in lies the trick! It's all doable if you can find your why.... I've added a few folks, but feel free to add me. My main focus is reeling in my diet to be a bit more effective for myself and working out consistently. (I'm a 4am workout person...in bed by 9:30)
  • txgirlbikerchick
    txgirlbikerchick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I also work full time. Hubby works 2 jobs and we have a side business. My job requires weekly travel to some desolate places 9 months of the yr. I am finding getting up early (yuck) is the only way I can get my workouts in. Feel free to add me.
  • hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 5 & 7 yo and work full time (plus) with an irregular 13 hr shift schedule. It's crazy!
  • gcar76
    gcar76 Posts: 4
    Options
    HI! I'm a mom of a 10 yr old son and I work full time as does my husband. I have a hard time managing my time, and an easy time making excuses. I am not a morning person. I like my "free time" but would rather do anything other than exercise. I need to make some serious changes as I am in my late(r) 30's. I've been here before and always lose my way somehow. I am committed to my goal(s) this time and need all the support I can get! Add me and let's do this! :smile: