Do you weigh in morning or night ?

Options
HI, just wondering if it is better to take your morning weight or evening weight? Obviously, the morning weight is most generous, but is one or the other more of an accurate reading? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• badfeet67
    Options
    I weigh in the morning usually since that is when I go to the gym, but I don't weigh every day. I weigh once a week so that I average out daily fluctuations.
  • chelsea6612
    Options
    I'm not sure what one is best, however I weigh myself every morning as I feel that it motivates me more and if I weigh myself in the evening I spend all night thinking about it!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    every am
  • keepingincheck
    keepingincheck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In the morning
  • cidparatrooper
    Options
    Neither one is more accurate than the other. I weigh myself in the morning because that weight is lower and because I feel it is less likely to be impacted by differences in what I eat each day. The important thing, though, is to weigh yourself around the same time every day.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Morning...only take the weekly reading for the log weight.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in the morning and after the bathroom ( but before having food or water) so that means i dont have a set day to weigh in....i recently decided that the first of every month no matter what the circumstances are that will be my weigh and log day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    In the morning, buck naked, after I pee.

I'm a daily weigher. It works for me. But I log weekly.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    am after pee
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    As soon as I wake up after using the restroom.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Sunday Morning is my official weigh-in, I used to do afternoons. Whatever you do, be consistent.
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    HI, just wondering if it is better to take your morning weight or evening weight? Obviously, the morning weight is most generous, but is one or the other more of an accurate reading? What are your thoughts?

They will both give you an 'accurate' reading SO LONG as you only weigh at that time. Weighing sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening will make it hard for you to grasp what your weight loss achievements are. Consistency is what is important!! :smiles:
  • Mollyb311
    Mollyb311 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday mornings.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday in the morning when I get up around 6am and AFTER using the bathroom :laugh: . The night before I´m always super exited and curious :explode:
  • FittingIntoFitness
    Options
    I like to do mornings, naked (each of my work out clothes are different weights). I find that the evenings are a bit unreliable as what you eat could really affect the outcome. Without going into too much detail I can not digest wheat products very well so if I have a day where I over did it, my weight is drastically different from a day when I eat normally.

Hope that helps.
  • pkimathi
    pkimathi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weight in the morning, I agree that it motivates me but also it makes me aware of what I ate the day before I might need to go back and see what caused changes.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Morning, mid week (WED AM) after same bathroom routine.
  • Albagal
    Albagal Posts: 11
    Options

I always weigh first thing in the morning as I could put on a few pounds over the day. As long as you weigh yourself at the same time of day, it's up to the person.
  • vmr2811
    vmr2811 Posts: 36
    Options
    When you first wake after your first trip to the restroom is what my dietician said would reflect your most "true" weight.
  • cmbresnan
    Options
    LOL! I am the same way Morning buck neked after a pee! :laugh: