My weight loss has nothing to do with your weight

Options
Yes!!!! I want to lose 5 more pounds

Yes !!! I know that you weight more than I do

No, me wanting to lower my body fat % is not a critique about your weight.

I know you would kill to look like me

I work hard to be healthy and I do it for myself and my family.......it has nothing to do with you.

(End rant)

Replies

• BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yes. But I don't want to look like you.... ;)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You should have the balls to say this to who ever this was intended for. JS
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    for me, it is usually a family member that I just do NOT need to be adding anymore family drama to.....
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options

This!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Say it to the person you meant it for.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    My first reaction is that your posting is tongue-in-cheek, but I wonder...? :wink: Are you afraid to tell the person who upset you about how you feel? Or, is this just a rant to the community as a whole?

Do you really think everybody here wants to look like you? Probably not. I don't want to look like you. I want to look like ME at the best that I can be.

Do you really think everyone here weighs more than you do? I don't know how much you weigh, but I'm sure there are people who weight around the same or less than you. Besides this, what does it matter how much people weigh? It's the not the number on the scale that counts anyway.

Personally, I think it's great that you want to lose five pounds and that you want to lower your body fat, and that you work hard to be healthy, but I think you have misdirected your words.

Think about it: A LOT of people here work hard to make themselves the best they can be..

In other words, if someone took your weight loss goals personally and made comments, it's all about them and really has nothing to do with you. :smile:

Good luck on your weight loss goal.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the rant. You can't always say this IRL.

My tongue bleeds way too often IRL, but meh.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options

I am going to make the guess that to get to rant level, it was not directed at any one individual. Just a guess.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    i don't fault anyone for wanting to lose 5 pounds, be the best you that you can, please! my sister looks like a fitness model, and I still encourage her to work her hardest.

...but it does make me want to scream when those people cry "omg I'm so fat!!!"
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Can't say it IRL it was the friend of a friend......but I see it often here.

But then again what do I know......it took me 3 years to lose 20 pounds :wink:
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Can't say it IRL it was the friend of a friend......but I see it often here.

But then again what do I know......it took me 3 years to lose 20 pounds :wink:
    Sometimes we have the hardest time telling those real life people to just back off and mind their own business. Really, it's about that person and not you. From some people I get comments that they think I look terrific, and other people say not to lose any more weight, that I'm getting too thin.

If it's a friend of a friend, then that makes it more difficult because talking about your feelings will only create a bond and you might not want that.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Well OP has this in her profile:
    If you cant dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****.

So I think she went for the latter. :huh:
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love you, Yanicka.

But you're wrong, you know. Your weight DOES have something to do with my weight loss... because I have pretty much lost YOU. Except you are much prettier than the fat I lost.

Judging by the first batch of comments on here, your belief that your weight/BF%/muscles/that stuff is your own and neither reflects nor interferes with other people is unpopular.

People need to grow up and realize that a rant is exactly that. A rant. You don't have to justify yourself to them, but they don't seem to get the point.

You work hard. You play hard. You are an awesome person. There are other people who work hard, play hard, and are awesome people. Unrelated to you or your choices. That was your point.

Again, you're awesome. Keep being that way, and lead by example. You can't force the person (or people) you're ranting about to view things your way, although it would be nice if they did and you didn't get so frustrated that you felt the need to rant about it.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    People need to grow up and realize that a rant is exactly that. A rant. You don't have to justify yourself to them, but they don't seem to get the point.

No. People got the point just fine.

This is an internet forum. If you put something like this out there, it does require explanation, which the OP did.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I disagree. Why make them feel like **** about themselves?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Nobody rants on the internet without expecting a response. It's all cool, from the OP right on through the responses and counter-responses.

To the OP - you just keep right on rocking, the rest of the world can go **** itself.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    But if you 'know I would kill to look like you', then you made it about me. No, your loss has nothing to do with my weight, and who I would kill to look like is none of your damned business, either.

I hope that was a quote from someone :D Otherwise the logic is a bit faulty. You do your thing and I'll do mine, and please don't assume everyone is just jealous of you. That's obnoxious as hell!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

I disagree. Why make them feel like **** about themselves?

Agreed. I thought when you started off you were saying "this is my body my choice my thing it has nothing to do with you" which I agree with but then you MAKE it have to do with them with the snarky "you're just jealous" attitude.

It's common curtesy to not complain about your weight to someone much heavier than you, especially in a disparaging way. I've had my feelings hurt numerous times by very thin friends who rant about being chubby and ugly when I was much bigger because it made them feel better in comparison. I think it's not rocket science to see that's a little rude and maybe keep the complaint to yourself in front of them.

That being said I support your right to rant about whatever you want on the forums.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    But if you 'know I would kill to look like you', then you made it about me. No, your loss has nothing to do with my weight, and who I would kill to look like is none of your damned business, either.

I hope that was a quote from someone :D Otherwise the logic is a bit faulty. You do your thing and I'll do mine, and please don't assume everyone is just jealous of you. That's obnoxious as hell!

Lol I am not that full of myself believe me. It has been said to me. I don't believe people are jealous of me, what hurt is that because I am "thinner then they are" I have no right to be unhappy about my body.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I deal with "you're too skinny" remarks when I'm in the middle of my healthy weight range and I need to learn to not let it get to me because you are absolutely right, my weight loss has nothing to do with anyone else's weight.

Thanks
    God bless,
    Karen