P90X3 Support & Accountability Group

Options
I've started a group for those of us doing P90X3. It's a place to log daily, get support and advice as we go through the 90 day program. You can find the group by searching for the group P90X3 90 Days to Fit

Come join the fun!!

Replies

• Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I think this is where you want us to post daily successes, so I will simply cut/paste from the other topic. Sorry for the rerun. :)

The second week of P90X3 has begun with another round of Total Synergistics. This time I burned 411 calories compared with last weeks 436, so it seems like I am consistent in my workout intensity. Got my heart rate up to 180 this time! My diet is also going strong with no problems with junk foods or soda.

I made another grocery run today and bought more supplies to make Kale Chips, zucchini chips, and roasted Brussel Sprouts. I loved the kale chips and Brussel sprouts this weekend and want more. I have heard about the zucchini chips and want to experiment with a couple recipes. I also bought a six-pack of coconut water. I had a can this weekend and really enjoyed the taste of that.

Mike
  • AngDenSti
    Options
    Post wherever. I'm trying to figure this out too. LOL
  • Butrovich
    Options
    Post wherever. I'm trying to figure this out too. LOL

:)

Just prod me along in the correct direction. :)
  • FitLaLa_B2B
    FitLaLa_B2B Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just started p90x3 yesterday and really liked the workout!! Any tips from people who have been doing the workout for a few weeks?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am officially starting on Sunday. I did a week of the doubles and love it.
  • tpop917
    tpop917 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here waiting for delivery.....
    I plan on starting tomorrow. I don't know how it will compare to P90x, so I may have to modify it a bit to fit my running training and races.
  • mymuse
    mymuse Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started with total synergistics today and felt like i failed miserably as i could hardly manage many of the upper body moves.... heavy emphasis on push ups and various adaptations of these make it so hard when i struggle to even do a normal push up! May be out of my depth with P90X3 but want to stick to it.... that plyo crawl or whatever it is is so hard! Hoping agility session provides some sorely needed encouragement that it is actually do-able for me.
  • Butrovich
    Options
    I just started with total synergistics today and felt like i failed miserably as i could hardly manage many of the upper body moves.... heavy emphasis on push ups and various adaptations of these make it so hard when i struggle to even do a normal push up! May be out of my depth with P90X3 but want to stick to it.... that plyo crawl or whatever it is is so hard! Hoping agility session provides some sorely needed encouragement that it is actually do-able for me.

Don't kick yourself too badly. Adapt by doing pushups on your knees and work your way up to doing normal pushups the entire workout. And yeah, the plyo crawls are tough for me too.

Mike
  • mymuse
    mymuse Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks Mike... its strangely reassuring to hear that you struggle with aspects of it too! I have found a proper place for me to use my resistance bands in lieu of pull ups, so hopefully i should do better next time with these adjustments. I always feel like its a waste of time when i cant get the moves down, but i'm sure if i keep trying i will get closer to what it should be like. Look forward to hearing how everyone finds P90X3 as they go along!
  • redmapleleaf
    redmapleleaf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting tomorrow. I don't know how it will compare to P90x, so I may have to modify it a bit to fit my running training and races.

I would love to hear how you modify it. I want to do it but I don't know how to fit it in with my running.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey glad I got on here and saw some people doing X3! I am getting ready to go into week 3 tomorrow. Does anyone else do any other workouts on top of this?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Hey glad I got on here and saw some people doing X3! I am getting ready to go into week 3 tomorrow. Does anyone else do any other workouts on top of this?

I'm adding in some strength training before a few of the workouts because I don't feel like I'm getting enough with just the program itself.
  • Butrovich
    Options
    Saw this article about women and strength training. Great facts supporting why the fair gender should not be afraid of lifting.

http://dailyburn.com/life/fitness/reasons-women-should-strength-train-infographic/
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Depends on my mood but most times I throw in some cardio or some other random vid ( Insanity, JM vids ). I've only finished first week so I'm pacing myself
  • Butrovich
    Options

I would love to hear how you modify it. I want to do it but I don't know how to fit it in with my running.

here is how I am modifying it to fit my running schedule.

January+Workouts.jpg