End the Cleavage Hypocrisy!

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    What is a "slore"?
    combination "slut" and "wh*re," I suspect.

correct. please note that this is my word, but feel free to use it any time you would like. it has caught on pretty well around here which makes me proud.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this will work...

This is the SAME dress, one on a smaller bust, the other not.
    It's not always deliberate... Sometimes we just like that particular item of clothing! Back off.

35lsnxj.jpg
    346qj29.jpg

that did not work ^^

While I agree with your overall point I gotta ask....in what world is the neckline of these two tops comparable?

Can I tell my boss that shorts and slacks are the same thing and it's just that I've got long legs?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    There was a poster wearing a bustier and striking a pose in her profile pic. No problem, right? Except she felt the need to post a complaint about all the 'pervy' FRs she was getting from guys. And denying there was anything about her profile photo that was remotely sexy. It was very strange. I think she was secretly pleased about it, and humble bragging.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    LOL Same here, in regard to showing them off in hopes of getting attention!

What kills me is why people get upset anyways. Geez. Boobs are beautiful!

people always get upset on the interwebz. it's pretty much rule #1.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    PS. don't look at me, b/c i really hate that!
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    While I agree with your overall point I gotta ask....in what world is the neckline of these two tops comparable?

Believe it or not, it is actually the same dress lol, mine looked like the first picture before I got my boobies in it and stretched the crap out of it with them.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Let's all cover up all the time, because men are such weak people, we can't blame them for their actions when they see a little skin, right?

That's a horrible generalization...

Classic_S3.jpg
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    There was a poster wearing a bustier and striking a pose in her profile pic. No problem, right? Except she felt the need to post a complaint about all the 'pervy' FRs she was getting from guys. And denying there was anything about her profile photo that was remotely sexy. It was very strange. I think she was secretly pleased about it, and humble bragging.

Link?
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I support my choice in outer wear for two outstanding reasons.
  • gsheppy
    gsheppy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I try and show my cleavage all the time... but nobody notices :sad:

I am with ya. I never had one before. Lol
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

It's not always deliberate... Sometimes we just like that particular item of clothing! Back off.

35lsnxj.jpg
    346qj29.jpg

that works now...because jof is awesome ^^

Close. You just needed lowercase tags.

FIFY

Now lets be fair and continue this example to make it closer to the case the OP is talking about, and the girl on the bottom bends way forwards to take a few other shots, and "accidentally" partially falls out of her top. She decides to join MFP, and when looking for pictures to post of herself, she chooses the ones where she's "accidentally falling out" as her pictures. Must be really innocent right?? ;)

It doesn't excuse whatever the guys did, but the girl did want attention for her boobs obviously, she did not "accidentally" show her boobs off, and she could have chosen the above picture, instead of one where she bent forwards for a picture if she "just wanted to show off her dress". Lets get real. Again, it doesn't excuse whatever rude comments the guys did, but its ridiculous to act like she was innocent, she precipitated the comments purposefully, and is not wholly innocent in the situation.

The described situation is completely different from the women commenting "I cant not show myself", (of course you can, otherwise you'd be arrested in public) and I'm going to bet you won't lean forward in a tight tank top and snap a picture of yourself, or let some guy take pictures from above at an angle down your shirt and think it is innocent and post it for anyone who asks for a "better look at your dress" right? But again any harassment is a different issue than your responsibility for presenting yourself in an obviously sexualized way, harassment still isn't right, but you do bear some responsibility of "egging on" the behavior and aren't innocent in this case.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    That's it! My pic isn't getting enough creepers.

Boob pics sent to everyone on my FL. They are all pervs anyway so the comments won't be unexpected.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Where did the OP go and why did he make a thread about a problem he was having with another poster?

Why not just message her and politely suggest that she try a different camera angle?
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    so since i was the original one who posted the comment about not always being able to help showing boob and cleavage i will be the one to reply:
    some of what you're saying is simply FOS or just based on YOUR experience. there's big boobs and there's HUGE boobs. and yes, having HUGE boobs is pretty much like having a figgin unicorn horn.

i'm about 70 pounds heavier than i should be, but there was a time in my life for about a decade when i was a size 4 on the bottom and 28JJ on top and even that was a bit too small. just to give an idea of how much volume that is i was able to put my entire head in the cup of one of the bras and it came down to just under my nose. i also have a short waist and long legs which means that everything on the front of from below my shoulder to the start of my pelvis bone was breast. everything i wore either displayed cleavage OR highlighted my shape.

even now, being overweight (an after a breast reduction) i still have a relatively small ribcage (34) and breasts that are well over G cups. i know quite a few people in the same boat (small ribcage, large breasts) and we all have the same issue in terms of not having a choice BUT to have your boobs on display. for the most part, the choices are
    - wear a top that's highcut, but if it fits you then you'll display boob shape
    - wear a loose top, but if you bend over with anything more than a 15% angle you're going to flash cleavage
    - wear a v neck and show cleavage.

and trust me, if you have a the combo of small ribcage+large breasts+wearing an appropriately fitting bra, you will have the girls on display

I'm going to bet you know that wearing a loose top flashes your cleavage (as you know by what you said up top) and will not lean forwards for photos in a loose top and take pictures, then post them on a public forum because you know you will probably be exposed right? Again, if you do, it doesn't give anyone the right to harass you, but it means you do know, and are not innocent :P
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I support my choice in outer wear for two outstanding reasons.

:drinker:
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Now lets be fair and continue this example to make it closer to the case the OP is talking about, and the girl on the bottom bends way forwards to take a few other shots, and "accidentally" partially falls out of her top. She decides to join MFP, and when looking for pictures to post of herself, she chooses the ones where she's "accidentally falling out" as her pictures.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against someone taking obviously revealing shots and then complaining about rude comments, but this thread quickly turned into suggesting every woman who shows a bit of cleavage is clearly an attention *kitten*.
    The second pic I posted was of me in a dress that is about as high necked as you can get and yet still showed off my cleavage, is this to say that I should have expected and accepted rude comments about it should I have received them?
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    im more impressed with nice *kitten*...its harder to fake those with padding
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't have cleavage even under the best of circumstances, but I'm still in to watch this thread combust. Err I mean, unfold.

Here you can borrow mine, I have to go get the kid ready for school tomorrow.

*tosses boobs*

Gee thanks! :flowerforyou:

I'll want them back later...

OK, after reading a few of your posts on this thread, I can unequivocally say that you are quite hilarious.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Show boobs, don't show boobs. whatever. Do what makes you happy. Quit being jerks to one another. The end.

If I recall right, this was the fundamental message of those fine Bill & Ted documentaries.

Be excellent to each other. (Don't be rude, creepy, or self-righteous)

And party on, Dude! (Show the boobs if it makes you happy)

So much wisdom. No wonder we will base our entire future culture around them.

200qt55.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

35lsnxj.jpg
    346qj29.jpg

that works now...because jof is awesome ^^

Close. You just needed lowercase tags.

FIFY

Now lets be fair and continue this example to make it closer to the case the OP is talking about, and the girl on the bottom bends way forwards to take a few other shots, and "accidentally" partially falls out of her top. She decides to join MFP, and when looking for pictures to post of herself, she chooses the ones where she's "accidentally falling out" as her pictures. Must be really innocent right?? ;)

It doesn't excuse whatever the guys did, but the girl did want attention for her boobs obviously, she did not "accidentally" show her boobs off, and she could have chosen the above picture, instead of one where she bent forwards for a picture if she "just wanted to show off her dress". Lets get real. Again, it doesn't excuse whatever rude comments the guys did, but its ridiculous to act like she was innocent, she precipitated the comments purposefully, and is not wholly innocent in the situation.

The described situation is completely different from the women commenting "I cant not show myself", (of course you can, otherwise you'd be arrested in public) and I'm going to bet you won't lean forward in a tight tank top and snap a picture of yourself, or let some guy take pictures from above at an angle down your shirt and think it is innocent and post it for anyone who asks for a "better look at your dress" right? But again any harassment is a different issue than your responsibility for presenting yourself in an obviously sexualized way, harassment still isn't right, but you do bear some responsibility of "egging on" the behavior and aren't innocent in this case.

lowerexpectations.gif
This discussion has been closed.