End the Cleavage Hypocrisy!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Women don't show cleavage solely for attention. There are tops/dresses that are simply more stylish with a lower neckline (not to mention occasions where a lower neckline is more appropriate). But you can almost always tell what a woman is after based on how she presents herself in general. And women who post pics of nothing but their boobs are absolutely begging for attention, and complaints about the kind of attention received are disingenuous, at best.

With that said, a gentleman would just ignore it and treat her as he would any other woman, without remarking on her boobs. If you're pretty sure all she's after are compliments on her rack and you have a problem with that, well, you do have the power to not give her the attention she seeks. Posting a picture of breasts may invite comment, but it certainly does not force anyone to accept that invitation. If you're going to comment, then you're playing the same game she is, and you have no more right to whine about the outcome than she does.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't have cleavage even under the best of circumstances, but I'm still in to watch this thread combust. Err I mean, unfold.

Here you can borrow mine, I have to go get the kid ready for school tomorrow.

*tosses boobs*

Gee thanks! :flowerforyou:

I'll want them back later...

Umm, look over there!

*runs away*
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't mind me, I'm just gonna continue my workout while you all argue about this.

Stretching-11.gif

I've been watching this workout for 10 minutes. What..what was the question?

Nevermind. BRB....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    kim-vertical-416x600.jpg

#don'tlookatmedon'tlookatmedon'tlookatmedon'tlookatmedon'tlookatmedon'tlookatmedon'tlookatme
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

Now lets be fair and continue this example to make it closer to the case the OP is talking about, and the girl on the bottom bends way forwards to take a few other shots, and "accidentally" partially falls out of her top. She decides to join MFP, and when looking for pictures to post of herself, she chooses the ones where she's "accidentally falling out" as her pictures.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against someone taking obviously revealing shots and then complaining about rude comments, but this thread quickly turned into suggesting every woman who shows a bit of cleavage is clearly an attention *kitten*.
    The second pic I posted was of me in a dress that is about as high necked as you can get and yet still showed off my cleavage, is this to say that I should have expected and accepted rude comments about it should I have received them?

I guess the most obvious question on most minds, at least on my mind is you know you didn't have to buy that dress girl if it didn't fit you right.

FYI, my cousin has gigantic boobs, so much her back hurts and she never shows cleavage. Sometimes a pinch, but nothing like what I seen above.

No disrespect at all. Just making an observation.

Edit: Guess not a question. lol.. and sorry for assumption..lol
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    There was a poster wearing a bustier and striking a pose in her profile pic. No problem, right? Except she felt the need to post a complaint about all the 'pervy' FRs she was getting from guys. And denying there was anything about her profile photo that was remotely sexy. It was very strange. I think she was secretly pleased about it, and humble bragging.

Link?

I'm sorry. She said some really bad words before she flounced, and the mods deleted the thread.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I guess the most obvious question on most minds, at least on my mind is you know you didn't have to buy that dress girl if it didn't fit you right.

But that was my entire point! I fell in love with that dress, both online and in the store... Why should I have to buy something else just incase some jerk can't handle seeing what is clearly only about 10% of my actual breast and has to make comment on it?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Now lets be fair and continue this example to make it closer to the case the OP is talking about, and the girl on the bottom bends way forwards to take a few other shots, and "accidentally" partially falls out of her top. She decides to join MFP, and when looking for pictures to post of herself, she chooses the ones where she's "accidentally falling out" as her pictures.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against someone taking obviously revealing shots and then complaining about rude comments, but this thread quickly turned into suggesting every woman who shows a bit of cleavage is clearly an attention *kitten*.
    The second pic I posted was of me in a dress that is about as high necked as you can get and yet still showed off my cleavage, is this to say that I should have expected and accepted rude comments about it should I have received them?

I really don't think it quickly turned into that. I think this is a subject that you are (understandably) sensitive about. Your posts were the first ones using swears. lol
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

But that was my entire point! I fell in love with that dress, both online and in the store... Why should I have to buy something else just incase some jerk can't handle seeing what is clearly only about 10% of my actual breast and has to make comment on it?

No.. No! You are taking it the wrong way. lol

I'm off that rude commenting mess. Lol

And for the record I think you look great in pic. I like cleavage. :flowerforyou:

I was just making the argument that just because you have gigantic breast doesn't mean can't find clothing to cover up.

That is all girl.

And there is clothing I fall in love with... but guess what!? I'm 5'10 and it doesn't always work out.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    so since i was the original one who posted the comment about not always being able to help showing boob and cleavage i will be the one to reply:
    some of what you're saying is simply FOS or just based on YOUR experience. there's big boobs and there's HUGE boobs. and yes, having HUGE boobs is pretty much like having a figgin unicorn horn.

i'm about 70 pounds heavier than i should be, but there was a time in my life for about a decade when i was a size 4 on the bottom and 28JJ on top and even that was a bit too small. just to give an idea of how much volume that is i was able to put my entire head in the cup of one of the bras and it came down to just under my nose. i also have a short waist and long legs which means that everything on the front of from below my shoulder to the start of my pelvis bone was breast. everything i wore either displayed cleavage OR highlighted my shape.

even now, being overweight (an after a breast reduction) i still have a relatively small ribcage (34) and breasts that are well over G cups. i know quite a few people in the same boat (small ribcage, large breasts) and we all have the same issue in terms of not having a choice BUT to have your boobs on display. for the most part, the choices are
    - wear a top that's highcut, but if it fits you then you'll display boob shape
    - wear a loose top, but if you bend over with anything more than a 15% angle you're going to flash cleavage
    - wear a v neck and show cleavage.

and trust me, if you have a the combo of small ribcage+large breasts+wearing an appropriately fitting bra, you will have the girls on display

I'm going to bet you know that wearing a loose top flashes your cleavage (as you know by what you said up top) and will not lean forwards for photos in a loose top and take pictures, then post them on a public forum because you know you will probably be exposed right? Again, if you do, it doesn't give anyone the right to harass you, but it means you do know, and are not innocent :P

i try to censor my photos as much as i can , but it's not always possible. for instance a friend of mine is complaining that i ruined her bridesmaids photos because she wanted us all to wear the same dress so no one would stand out :laugh:

it's not all about bending forward either. for some us, standing upright is enough to look like you're falling out of a top :laugh:
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include these item:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums
Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.