40 Pounds in One Month

Options
Hello, just wanted to post about my current weight loss goals. Took December off and went to see my parents, while there my mother couldn't stop making cookies and carb filled foods and basically, you know how mothers are if you don't eat their food. So now I'm going for 40 pounds in one month, from 240 lbs to 200. I'm already down to 228 within five days of simply not eating Midwestern food and not having cookies and pies around.

Workout routine is a modified Brad Pitt from Fight Club schedule. Essentially beating up a different muscle group every day, abs twice a week and two days dedicated to 4 mile runs. Currently cold as hell in NY but I feel like running helps you to keep you warm outside. Also, I've added a diet pill that I used when I lived in LA to drop down to 180, my eventual goal in NYC. Not sure if I can name names here so PM me if you want to know what I use. Probably be smarter to wait until I reach MY goal first.

Anyways, loving this site because it really helps to be able to track your caloric intake. Trying to really minimize my carbs and focus them in the morning. Basically diet is 16oz Kefir smoothie in the AM, 8oz of chicken cold cuts in the afternoon and 8oz of turkey cold cuts in the evening. these are pretty HQ cuts as they're Boars Head, and really tasty.

Anyways, good luck to everybody hitting the New Years resolution hard and if anybody wants to trade low carb recipes or jog in the Williamsburg area, let me know. PS, Brad Pitt and Matt Bomer are my spirit guides so I'm really hoping they'll lead me back to my ideal weight.

Finally, feel free not to post if you're going to tell me that ideal weight loss is 2 pounds a week. Everybody is different and I'm pretty sure that's only when you're in decent shape trying to lose weight. I've always dropped, and put on weight, really quickly so I'm pretty sure this'll be the same way.

Replies

• Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you took the weight off slowly it wouldn't come back on?

Just a thought.....
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Finally, feel free not to post if you're going to tell me that ideal weight loss is 2 pounds a week.

In, for support. :smokin:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    douche
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Finally, feel free not to post if you're going to tell me that ideal weight loss is 2 pounds a week. Everybody is different and I'm pretty sure that's only when you're in decent shape trying to lose weight. I've always dropped, and put on weight, really quickly so I'm pretty sure this'll be the same way.

1. This is a public forum and we will say whatever we like whether you like it or not.
    2. You've dropped AND put on weight quickly because you drop weight quickly. This is called yo-yo dieting.
    3. If you lose weight slow and steady you tend to keep it off. This is not yo-yo dieting and is sustainable.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you're doing everything wrong...
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    you probably only lost a lot in 5 days because a lot of it was just dropping water weight from a decrease in your sodium intake! it's not likely that you'll be able to keep up that kind of pace.

You might be able to get away with more than 2/week, but you're not going to manage 10 pounds a week for a month. It just doesn't work like that.

If you really want to lose weight and keep it off, stick around and find a sustainable, realistic approach and it will happen! Time passes by fast enough, there's no reason to try to set completely unattainable goals (and 40 pounds a month is unattainable unless you are very, very heavy.)

And just a heads up-- no one (who's actually been successful using this website) is going to agree with you or tell you that this is possible, it's not.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

10 lbs a week? :noway:
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    douche

If they had a like button for the forums, this is where I'd hit like...
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Pretty much this

OP, 40 lbs a month is 10 lbs a week. In order to lose that, you need to have a deficit of 35,000 calories per week through either exercise, diet, or both. Be realistic. And yes, a safe weight loss IS 1-2 lbs a week. Not 10 :angry:

Edit: Essentially you're eating 16 oz of cold cuts a day and drinking a smoothie??? Yeah, that's MAYBE 600 cals a day. If you're lucky. Sure, ya might get that 40 lbs. Might not have a functioning metabolism afterwards, though :noway:
  • whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hold on a moment. I'm getting my popcorn.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    you probably only lost a lot in 5 days because a lot of it was just dropping water weight from a decrease in your sodium intake! it's not likely that you'll be able to keep up that kind of pace.

You might be able to get away with more than 2/week, but you're not going to manage 10 pounds a week for a month. It just doesn't work like that.

If you really want to lose weight and keep it off, stick around and find a sustainable, realistic approach and it will happen! Time passes by fast enough, there's no reason to try to set completely unattainable goals (and 40 pounds a month is unattainable unless you are very, very heavy.)

And just a heads up-- no one (who's actually been successful using this website) is going to agree with you or tell you that this is possible, it's not.
    DING DING DING!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    iptm2p.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    i-am-monitoring-this-thread.jpg
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Please post your results at the end of the month.
  • kathyflannery129
    kathyflannery129 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you will find your ideal weight when you stop dieting and start living a new lifestyle...mom's baking cookies didn't make you eat them......we have all been there and back, some of us a couple of times....the kind of thing you are talking about is unhealthy and not sustainable...but that said good luck...we all have to make this journey in our own way....
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    MXUg1Cq.gif

In...... for the entertainment value.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    We've all wished we could drop the weight like magic, and not have to deal with the consequences that follow but that's just not realistic. I truly hope that you will consider revising your goal to a weight loss of no more than 4lbs per week (which is still risky, but somewhat more reasonable)

Good Luck and Be Healthy
  • daniellebracy50
    Options
    This is supposed to be a supportive/therapeutic site and I will not insult your efforts . On the other hand, as a nurse I would like to warn you of the dangers of this type of rapid weight loss. It is very unhealthy and I highly encourage you to do it slowly through moderate exercise and healthy eating. I hope you are not insulted by some of the other responses but we just want to see you succeed.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Yeah.
    Is this real life?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.