Less makeup

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
Ok, if you look at my profile picture, you will see that I am wearing a TON of makeup in one of them (it was for a Halloween party).

I rarely wear quite that much makeup in my regular everyday life, but I always have worn a lot. I started wearing makeup when I was 12 and, over the past few years, this is what my morning makeup routine has looked like:

At least one layer of foundation, powder, eyeliner, eyeshadow, eyebrow filler (I have very thin, sparse eyebrows - I don't pluck, I'm just not a hairy person), 2 coats of mascara, and some lipstick or lipgloss.

Well, my daily makeup routine is down to just mascara and eyebrow filler. That's it. No foundation. No eyeshadow. Just me, some eyelashes, and visible eyebrows. And I'm fairly confident going out in public that way. My complexion has improved dramatically (I still occasionally get a zit or two, but they are small and not terribly visible) and my skin isn't as greasy or blotchy.

I still put on the full face of makeup for church or going out for something special, but my daily makeup routine is down to bare basics.

I think it's a combination of feeling more confident and having clearer skin but I absolutely KNOW that it is because of my new healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I hear ya chica!!

My skin looks a 100% better than it did before. I always used to cake on the foundation and everything else not only because my skin was blotchy and just bad but because I work part time as a make up artist and I just love the act of putting on make up.

You look great by the way! what a difference in your face, it's amazing!!
  • tina8884
    Options
    I noticed the other day that my face has cleared up a lot since eating healthier too! I'm so glad! I think it's a mix of drinking more water and eating less greasy and fatty foods
  • jmo325
    jmo325 Posts: 57
    Options
    I hope you're still moisturizing!!! That will keep your skin healthy!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I hope you're still moisturizing!!! That will keep your skin healthy!!

Of course - twice a day. I actually use aloe, though, not normal moisturizer. My skin likes aloe better than any moisturize I've ever used.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I hardly use any makeup -- never have. But, Lancome is my vice in life (moisturizer, etc). I think less makeup is great. :happy:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I stopped wearing make-up at all in Oct 2009 because I always had problem skin and I was tired of it... Since then I have been using a great line of products and haven't worn any make-up outside of mascara (at work, twice a week) for over a year. Really couldn't be happier! My skin is radiant now! :bigsmile:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are radiating your success! So good! Keep it up. You are doing just fine!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!