How much do you pay for running shoes?

Options
124»

Replies

• bighappytim
    bighappytim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you know what shoes you like, you can get them much cheaper from places like runningwarehouse online. Buying models that are a year old can often save you 50%. I've been disappointed in my local running store since they never have shoes I want in size 12.

I've gone to the dark side of minimalist shoes though. I ran my last 100 miler in New Balance Trail zero. So I tend to think many of the expensive shoes are marketing.
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Mine are typically around $40. Ive bought $120+ pairs before they just hurt my feet. Flat, minamilist & cheap have kept my planters fasciitis at bay. But I trail run more than road run. And I dont run daily... to each his own.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I spent 120 on a pair on Friday and have put in 12 miles since then with no knee problem. Totally worth it.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I spent $80 on discount Saucony's and $120 on VFF's. Both were worth it.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    the most i've paid was $100 from a local specialty shop. yes i probably could have paid $20 les from amazon or some other outlet, but i try to support local stores as much as possible because it helps my community in general

You are a good person.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    In the store my New Balance run about $100 but via Amazon I can get them for $80 with free shipping. I love to use the local stores as much as possible so when they're on sale I grab them but that isn't always possible. Our local New Balance store is having a big sale this week so I'm sure I'll be grabbing a pair...or five :happy:
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My crosstrainers cost about $100. For as much as I use them, I figure it's worth the cost.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    150-200.....worth every penny.
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I usually pay between $100 and $200 per pair and I purchase about 3 pairs a year. Keep a close eye on eBay, I have picked up a few pairs for about 50% off retail by checking there often.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    150-200.....worth every penny.

^^this....you get what you pay for and it's important to have good shoes. I tend to be a higher Milage runner though
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Usually 100 a pair. I have a membership to road runners and they have a love it guarantee. So you can take the sneakers back even after wearing them outside if there not working well. I know i love new balance 890v the whole series. So i go to the new balance outlet and if they have them in the older 890v2 in my size i can pay as little as 59.99 a pair. I do buy several of the new versions to but i like to do one new and one older style. It cuts down on the cost, cause i do like to switch my sneakers out frequently.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My current pair is a pair of Hoka Stinson Tarmac. I paid $185.00 for them and they are worth every penny! They are so awesome, I bought another pair so I could rotate them. I will definitely buy another pair!
  • aggiegirl121
    aggiegirl121 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought 200 dollar mizunos not too long ago and they are so worth the money! I'll never buy another brand aside from my casual brooks and nikes.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Burlington Coat Factory outlet I paid $50 for a pair of Asics Gel-Kayano 19. They are normally $150.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    $120 and worth it. stopped getting blisters and foot pain with the right shoe
  • kikisalander
    kikisalander Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I paid $105 for my Asics