Looking from moms/teachers for support

Options
Hello everyone,
I have been using MFP on and off for about a year, but I never got involved in the forums. I know I need lots of support to make it to my goal of forty pounds this year. I'm an emotional eater and I have been under a lot of stress the past couple years. I teach middle school math and science and I have two year old twin boys that are my life when I am not at school. If anyone is interested in adding an extra motivational buddy, please add me.

Replies

• Ladyluna39
    Options
    I'm not on here often enough to commit, but I feel your pain- I have five kids ( 19, 18, 16, 10, and 8) and am an elementary school principal. When my oldest were babies I was a teacher, so I know how stressful your life can be. What I can say is track your calories, be aware of your reason and purpose for eating, and breathe!! Good luck!!!
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am a retired Speech/Language pathologist who worked my entire career in a public school system. I understand your stress. I've made a commitment to lose some pounds and to put more of my attention on exercise. This is a great place for motivation. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a middle school science/maths teacher, but in Australia.

I'm really slack and not on MFP very much, but there are a few teacher groups on the forums here.

I find good support and discussion in this one: Teachers Take Charge
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/350-teachers-take-charge

You need a teacher's perspective I think to get our crazy workloads and non-existent free time and how it can impact on weightloss and health habits!

Good luck on your goal this year! :)
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Middle school LA/SS teacher here! I am also certified in SCI and have taught Sci/SS for the past 8 years. I have a 3 year old and am working on my MSA. I understand crazy busy! It is hard to stay on track with so much going on!

Friend request sent! ;-)
  • vdavis32
    vdavis32 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will have to check that out!
  • jiggy66
    jiggy66 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school teacher, but it's all online. I work for two different online high schools and have close to 350 students in total. While having tons of flexibility it can be rather overwhelming at times. I am also a single mom to a 5 yr old who doesn't go to school yet (she missed the cutoff). I will add you to my friends list :)