Aiming to get to 170 before 40

Options
Have you ever looked up and realized that although you feel 25 you realize that you'll be 40 in a little over two years? Not only that but you think you're about 100 pounds overweight but then you realize that you're 146 pounds away from your goal weight? That's where I am.

And I can't say I am all gung ho excited about taking my life back. Mostly because in 2001 I lost 77 pounds, and I kept it off until my Mom died (2005) and my eating slipped. Then I started dealing with stress the same way I always have. By eating crap and not moving. So I know what's ahead, as far as changing my habits, exercise, and dealing with the frustrations. I have to be honest 146 pounds sounds insurmountable.

BUT, I really miss high heels, dancing, being pain free in my back, feet and legs. Plus, I always thought when I turned 40 I'd be awesomepants. At this rate the only thing awesome will be my pants. (groan)

I need accountability and a support group of people who have been there, are there to root for each other.

Thank you!

Replies

• msflynnbly
    msflynnbly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I'll request you in a sec. I'll be 38 this year yikes!! Ive done nothing but fill my face over xmas, and a little before! I gave the booze up for ten weeks in october and instead of loosing weight I gained half a stone. Anyway im 5' and will not be far away from 11 stone, gonna weigh myself shortly. Good luck xx
  • Belinda170
    Belinda170 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ms Leak! Looks like we are born the same year. (if 76 means that) 11 stone sounds like a dream to me, but I feel you. :)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    We have the same goal weight. I am hoping to lose my last 50 before march 1 of 2015 (my 35th bday). We got this toots!!!\m/
  • eml298
    eml298 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

What a great idea for a thread! I'm 38, and would also love to be at my goal for my 40th (in July 2015). Like the OP, I've also done this before, hit a roadblock, and then gained back all I'd lost plus another 40+ before all was said and done.

On 12/5, I weighed myself and found myself 11 pounds higher than my highest had ever been. I was mortified. I was depressed and kind of hibernated the next day (which I happened to have off. Somewhere during the day, I decided to stop eating crap and come back to MFP. In the meantime, my amazing partner made a post to find me a personal trainer who fit my needs. We did find one and I've been working with her - in my home (which is amazeballs) since that Saturday. Things are looking up - slowly.

I'm also in the Portland area, OP! Nice to know there's someone local walking this walk. I've got 150 pounds to go to reach my goal, but that's 16 less than it was, so I'm on my way! I look forward to developing a positive team of support! :)
  • Belinda170
    Options
    Hey guys! I just figured out how to get back to this thread, because I'm a genius!

EML, you and I sound like the same person! Yes, I totally get it. I would kill to be able to afford an in-home trainer but alas, I will have make do with tae bo DVDs, Power 90 and Hip Hop abs, walking and dancing to Pandora to 1990's hip hop. lol.

That's great that you're in Portland! We're so lucky because we have so much access to healthy food and farmers markets (along with food carts, uh HEM).

Thanks for chiming in Broox! Last 50 would be awesome! Yeah, 170 is where I felt great. I could easily buy clothes, worked out all the time, and had energy.

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it!
  • eml298
    Options
    LOL, B, about our being the same person. I ALSO just "refound" this thread.

In my previous journey to be healthy, I also used Power 90. I think I did three rounds (the first 2 led to 72 lb loss; the third was a while later when I'd gained back 20-25 and I relost that...by the way, to the SAME number. Both times I got down to 201. Really?? I couldn't just get under that 200 EITHER time. Killed me then...now I'd be VERY happy to be @ 201!) I'm hoping to incorporate P90 into this journey. Your wall post about exercising in front of others may have encouraged me enough to do it tomorrow.

And, regarding affording a trainer...yep, we're very fortunate. We lived as poor (VERY poor) grad students for a long time...no income but student loans. However, now we both have jobs and are able to spoil ourselves a little (and have finally killed all but the federal loans, which would mortgage a VERY nice house). Despite this, I didn't value myself enough to do this search. My partner did it. He posted an ad and then filtered the responses. The trainer is awesome and, given what I'm getting, I think her rates are reasonable. I suppose what I should say (what I want to be secure in saying) is that I'm worth it. I am...getting there.

I'm still relatively new to Portland. I've been to a few of the food carts, but know there's so much more to expose myself to...haven't even been to Saturday market. Being a vegetarian, I know I need to break out and benefit from the Portland scene more. Haven't really met many people other than those at work, and while they're great colleagues for the most part, it's not really the best social match. We like "weird" stuff according to most people. My biggest hobby is collecting "gothic" perfume oil. I'll find that niche some day.

BTW - I LOVE your hair! I've tried to achieve that color twice, and am now brunette again after lots of toil. That said, my first henna paste is (hopefully) going to release its dye soon so I can be a richer brown (and cover those roots)!

Glad you're back! I look forward to getting to know you more (and others should this thread continue)!
  • Belinda170
    Options
    If you're a vegetarian you'll have lots of choices here! Sat Market opens back up in March and it's a fun time. I don't make it down there as often as I should, probably.

I don't know how to embed a picture, and I have a perfect one for you!

I danced yesterday, and today I will power 90 weights.
  • hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Add me, you are funny and your pic is beautiful. :). I'm 37 and trying to be a vegetarian and a healthy person. (Not always the same thing!).
  • cateasha
    Options
    so many of us at the same road block. one thing or another, not quite as close to 40 as some others but seriously looking to safe and surely FOREVER drop 80 lbs
  • eml298
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Nice to have some company for the journey!

B - I didn't pull out P90 yet. I'll commit to do it tomorrow! I don't know how to embed a pic, either. Huh. No prompts like most forums I've used. Perhaps it's just a sitch where you paste the link to the pic and MFP translates it to the pic? Let's see...

gop2013-hopeandfearsetfree-190x153.jpg

Oh! Got it (found a thread which reminded me how to use correct BBcode!)! So:
    1) locate link of image location
    2) write immediately before the link and immediately after it (no spaces in either place).

Also, that's a pic of a fab perfume oil label @ BPAL. :heart: